“Who rated this a two star?”
Review of Royal Inn Eugene

Royal Inn Eugene
Royal Inn Eugene
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Tampa, Florida
“Who rated this a two star?”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was amazed at this motel. How did it get a two star? They must be giving it out to any and everybody who asks for it. My room was so bad that I could not believe that BBB of Eugene is letting them stay open. Every fixture in the bathroom was molded or rusty. I took pictures. I wish I could attach them to this review. The cover for the fan in the bathroom was gone, duck tape was holding the vanity mirror. There was no way I was going to look under the sheet. I was afraid of what I might find. Thank goodness I had a small blanket to spread over the bed cover to go to sleep. I dared not walk around bare footed in that room. I will not recommend this place to anyone. For the price I expected a little more than what I got.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chinwe o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boise
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an older motel located adjacent to Highway 99 and the railroad tracks. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and clean, but the exterior is a bit run down. The rooms have coffeemakers and fridges, which is helpful. There are minimal amenities, except for the free wi-fi. In fact, this motel would be an excellent value were it not for the location. It is about 4 miles from downtown Eugene, but the trip is quick. The problem with the location is the NOISE. Traffic from Hwy 99 is constant, and the train whistles could wake the dead when the trains come through. In addition, my room had an odd banshee-like wail in the walls in the middle of the night. I presume it was vibrations in the plumbing whenever somebody in an adjacent room flushed the toilet, but there is the possibility that the motel is haunted. Needless to say, I did not sleep well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from Hwy 99 as possible
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Poppylinc

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I try to review motels that are cheap and traveler friendly. This is another one. If you have a car, it's worth the small trip out of downtown Eugene. It's not centrally located, but it's cheap, our room was clean and had everything we needed, including free WiFi. So, again, not bad for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank I51981
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I needed, in May of 2011, to visit Euene, Oregon on a consulting trip. After doing considerable research on the web on suitable hotels located in the part of Eugene in which I was interested, I chose the Royal Inn Eugene, and went ahead and booked reservations for my stay.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was not disappointed. It is an older wood structure, with the rooms divided across two buildings, and I was very pleased with my stay here. I found the room to be vary large and spacious, and it was apparent that it had also been recently renovated, and, best of all, the room came complete with a kitchenette, with a sizeable refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a very large counter, along with a small round kitchen table with two wooden chairs!

I found the hotel staff, including the management/owners, to be incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business