“More expensive but good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Trondheim, Norway
“More expensive but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This supermarket is our favorite. It's a bit more expensive than other ones but the choice of products is more international and the quality better. The organic selection is huge and has a very good quality. When we don't get our baked goods from a bakery we buy them there, the pastries like the fruit tarts are good too.

Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,617 helpful votes
“The deli never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I were staying in Eugene in our RV, so of course we had to stop by our favourite deli at Market of Choice! We got two kinds of quiche, a shrimp dish and several other items, all of which were delicious. We reheated them in our toaster oven and had a wonderful dinner.

This is not a discount store but the quality and selection is outstanding. We've been coming here for years and will continue to visit this one or one of their other locations whenever we want delicious quick-to-fix deli food!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank half-Brit
gilladj
“Fresh produce, wide wine selection, nice salad bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I was in Eugene on business and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Franklin. Market of choice was across the street so I stopped by on two occasions. I found the selection of produce to be carried and fresh.

On my second visit, I bought a bottle of local wine (Riesling) that proved to be very nice and assembled a salad at the copious salad bar.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Visited September 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Good for some things, not for others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I actually don't think of this place as having a lot of choice compared to many other stores in Eugene. It's a great store for those who want to purchase high-priced pre-made meals, though. And their produce section is great too. I had a $7 hamburger there one day and though it tasted great it was small and I was still hungry after. I've been happier with their soups, especially the beer-cheese. Be careful of buying salads as I once bought a one-person serving of potato salad and it was almost $5! That said, if you can afford it and you like good food, then this is your store. Great salad and pre-made dinner deli, soup bar, olive bar, coffee bar, bakery, sushi bar, and a great place to pick up high-cost yummy cheeses. Also good for wine and beer shopping. There are tables inside and out for snacks, lunch, and visiting.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank OregonLover44
Louisville, KY
“Whole foods and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great selection of whole natural foods here. Not the cheapest prices, but you get good quality stuff for the money here.
They have an exceptional collection of bulk by-the-pound items, including spices, nuts, mixes and treats.

Visited June 2013