“Disappointed, won't be back.”
Review of Boulevard Grill - CLOSED

Boulevard Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walnut
Transit: We are located next to the EMX Walnut Station. For additional information please visit www.ltd.org
Description: Boulevard Grill will be closing for business on November 17th of 2013.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I visited the Boulevard Grill last year but today's visit was far different. The food was just ok. We started with the WonTon wrapped Asparagus which was a good start, but then it was down hill from there. Our entrees were fish tacos and filet mignon. Both were far below our expectations. The filet was not very favorable nor were the fish tacos. The fish was dry and bland. We did not finish either dish as neither were very appetizing. The wine list was a joke. To begin with there were probably only 10 different types. But then the waiter said that most of the wines on the list were no longer available. He told me about a Pinot which sounded good but then it was not available. The only other red option was a Merlot which I don't like adobo went with the house white. That was terrible so I switched to the Willamette Chardonnay which was good. There were very few people. It was a Sunday night, but to keep this restaurant going they better work on the food and wine.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was decent. It seemed like ok value. The atmosphere just felt characterless. Lots of brown and was overall too dark.

We sat in the empty bar and got fairly good service

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at this restaurant!

Before going, my co-worker and I read a few reviews. We were not very impressed but due to our hunger and location (staying at the Holiday Inn next door) we decided to give it a chance.

The atmosphere was pretty low-key for a Friday night, seat yourself, so we decided to sit in the bar area in a booth. The bartender/our waiter, Jeff, was so friendly and helpful with questions we had on the menu. He came over immediately and got our drinks and meal started. The wait time was minimal and while we waited we could watch baseball on one of the many TVs in the bar area.

Now, for the most important part of the experience... THE FOOD! It was absolutely delicious, yes a little pricey but definitely worth it. My co-worker and I both had the Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos ($16) and I had a bowl of Tortilla Soup ($9). The Mahi was fresh tasting, the tortilla was soft and the pico was a great addition. The bartender also suggested getting a side of their house made salsa and it was delicious! The tortilla soup was not what I expected but it was another pleasant surprise. It is a very thin tomato broth with strips of crispy tortilla, big chunks of chicken, tomato and avocado. I thought it was a very filling and tasty meal!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited here a number of times for work....the food is okay and staff accomodating...nothing bad to say...it is affordable

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Staying at the nearby Holiday Inn and travelling alone. Friendly staff, happy to chat or leave you alone as you prefer. I thought the food was tasty and really good value. The wings starter and a green salad was plenty for me. Beers are good too. Free WiFi and you can watch all the sport you can handle on the screens.