“my regular place to stay in eugene”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Eugene
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
trevor-wa
“my regular place to stay in eugene”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It doesn't look like much, but the rooms are nice, the staff is great , it's in a good location for everything and the price is reasonable. making me keep writiing to make this sites 200 charter minimum is stupid

Room Tip: I like back away from the busy road, but then there is the train a few times a nite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank trevor-wa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here on an overnight stop. Very friendly staff (we were early to check in and they tried to accommodate us). Room was large and clean. Easy wi-fi access, restaurants close by. I recommend this to other travelers. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My friend and I were traveling to attend an antique show in Portland and ended up in Eugene while doing a little exploring of Oregon. The hotel was nice and we were greeted by the friendliest clerk, who also happened to have provided home-made cookie at the desk for hotel guests. Once we got to our room, I found that I had left the key to my luggage at my home in Arizona. I ended up calling the front desk and the clerk was nice enough to bring a couple of tools that allowed me to break the (cheap) lock. She was very friendly and laughed along with us at my dilemma. Our room was clean and quiet and we both commented the next morning that the beds were some of the most comfortable ones we had ever slept on. The breakfast the next morning was great. They had omelets, bacon, sausage, as well as the usual continental breakfast fare. Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay there again if ever in Eugene.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel staff were all very nice, which is always a plus for us when we stay somewhere. Our room had been heavily smoked in (the room was stale and rank.. yuck) so we just let the night clerk know that the room was definitely smoky, so that we didn't get charged at checkout. He asked if we wanted to change rooms, but we'd already unpacked and decided to just pick up a bottle of febreeze, open the window, and call it a day. :) The room decor was missing a little something - nothing you could put your finger on, but considering it was right across the street from the university, I'm sure with folks coming in for games and packing the rooms full, it may be tough to keep things on the up and up (general wear/tear of things like the desk chair which was completely broken, and one of the lamps that was falling off the wall, for example). The only thing that was a little strange was that the walk in shower didn't have a door or even a shower curtain - so even with the shower on scalding, one side of you was frozen at all times.

Overall, we would certainly stay here again. The location and general city accessibility were perfect. We were pleased with having a microwave, coffeemaker and fridge, too! The room was very clean, we had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable. There was plenty of space and even a couch & coffee table to enjoy. The hotel met our needs in every aspect.

Room Tip: NOTE: The hotel is directly between a McDonalds and Pizza Hut, across the street from 7-11 and a ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent location near university, downtown, sights and restaurants. Also very close to the railroad tracks, but me, I like the sound of trains. Wifi was virtually nonexistent in the rooms.

My room, a single, was $10 less than the kids' double, but! It was spacious and had a sofa, so that's where we hung out. The downside was the strong odor of solvents and cleansers mixed with something else. It had probably been a "smoking" room at one time.

Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast buffet was average with the stalest hard boiled egg I ever tasted. Then again, who wants a boiled egg on vacation?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne M
The Netherlands
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way through from Portland to Cali and needed a sleepover. Got a good deal via hotels.com and booked one night.

No problems parking (could be a problem if the hotel is full) and the lady at check in was very friendly.

Room was clean and spacious, bathroom was also clean. Nice beds, good tv and WiFi worked ok.

In the morning you could hear some noise coming from the traffic, but that was not a problem for us. Light sleepers should ask for a room a bit further from the steet.

Did not have breakfast, so cannot judge about that.

This facility was fit for our purpose: sleep-shower-leave at a good price. Will recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Nashville
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Breakfast was included. I stayed two nights. There were omelettes bacon waffles and pastries offered. there was also coffee and juice. The hotel ran out of bacon the second day. I lost track of time but the front desk attendant gave me some extra time to check out. There is a train that does passthrough during the night. The Wi-Fi was spotty at first but did improve. I think this hotel is a great value. I will stay here again. Parking was a bit limited since the hotel was fully booked. the bed was very comfortable. My only real complaint is the washcloths and towels could be replaced. They were quite thin.
The hotel is close to the university and downtown. There's a McDonald's next door and plenty of other restaurants close by.

• Stayed September 2013