“Great place!”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Great place!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay at Choice hotels a lot, and found the Sleep Inn in Eugene to be one of the best properties I've been to. It's got a fantastic location, near U of O (which was where I was going) and very easy to get to.

I got there late in the evening, and the front desk staff was very pleasant and cheerful.

My room was very comfortable and I slept better than I have in ages, despite the traffic noise.

My only complaint, really, was that I couldn't see the sign at first. It was dark, though, and I've not stayed at a Sleep Inn before, so likely jsut didn't recognize the sign the first time. That doesn't mean it's not easy to find, though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EugeneSleepInn, General Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Eugene, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Hello antirlass,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for the heads up about our sign, maybe a couple more accent light might help others find our location a bit easier. We will definietly be looking into that.

We do hope to see you again.Have a wonderful holiday season!

Jaclyn Edwards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was adequate. Arrived downstairs at 8:30 and the courtesy breakfast had already been put away, even though they said it ran until 10:00.

Service staff was pressuring us to either book an extra night or check-out at 10:30, even though the check out time was at 11:00. They made us feel very unwelcome, as if we were interfering with their day by our being there (Note: we probably were, since there seemed to be no one else staying in the hotel)

Room Tip: There are better hotels in Eugene. Will not stay here again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
EugeneSleepInn, General Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Eugene, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello,

I would like to apologize if we made you feel anything less then welcome as our main goal is to make sure every guest leaves satisfied. I have taken note of your concerns, and while I was not pesonally there to witness what happened please know i have gone over the points you have made with my staff as a learning aid . We appreciate your buisness not only to the hotel but to the city of Eugene. We do hope that you will give us another try next time in the area.

Jaclyn Edwards

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

College Park, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Make sure when you park you back in to the space otherwise you might end up trying to get out of the parking space forever, especially if a truck parks behind you (that's what happened to me). The hotel is in a nice area and is new so I don't have any complaints about the place. It's in a good spot with a lot of places to eat nearby. Staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us ,we appreciate your feedback. We hope our parking lot doesnt detour you from comming back and spending some more time with us .

Lynnwood, WA
Reviewed August 21, 2012

this hotel has the oddest parking I've seen for a motel. The room was not fancy, but it was ok. The breakfast was good, but the breakfast room is too small. It is close to the college, and a good location

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank axm
Hello axm,

Thank you for chosing to stay with us on your trip. We know you had a lot of other choices in the area and we appreciate you giving us a try .Thanks again!

Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A reasonably-priced hotel with large if not up-to-date rooms. Average breakfast. Close to the university and freeway. Not a great area, but we didn't have any problems. The Mexican restaurant across the street is popular with the locals, but we thought the food was mediocre and overpriced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here as a quick stop on our way to Portland. It was a really good price, as the total came out to $70. The desk clerks were friendly and one of them ran out to help us with our luggage, which was nice. The whole motel is quite new, but it's in an industrial/restaurant area with a lot of older motels. Our room was spacious and clean. Everything was new and well-maintained. The room came with a microwave and fridge, but weirdly, no coffeemaker. The window of our room (and all rooms along the back of the hotel) was really tiny. There's nothing beautiful to look at outside, but it would be nice to have larger windows to let in more natural light. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathrooms had really large countertops. Breakfast was pretty sparse, so I'd recommend skipping it and going to VooDoo Doughnuts or a coffeeshop. Ultimately, this hotel was perfect for an overnight stop, so I'd recommend it. It'd be nice if they would enhance the breakfast, but for $70 a night, I'm not complaining.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed there for three nights while visiting my son in Eugene. The rooms are modern attractive and with everything a typical traveler is looking for. The hotel is conveniently located and you can walk down town or to the university. They provide the typical continental breakfast including the waffle machine. I though this was a very good value for a modern hotel and the best option I could find. The only negatives were the parking lot is a little tight and there is no pool

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business