“Nothing special, with mediocre service”
Review of Agate Alley Bistro

Agate Alley Bistro
Ranked #55 of 641 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Agate Alley
Transit: There are many bus stops located nearby to Agate Alley. Please check the Land Transit District website.
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations for 10:45, which were not necessary as only a fifth or so of the tables were occupied. There was an event nearby, a huge track meet, so we incorrectly thought they might take on more staff. The food wasn't warm, but it took 15 minutes to get coffee and an ice tea, so we decided not to ask that our food be heated for fear we would never see it again. It's probably a great place for college kids to spend their parents money and sit around for hours avoiding homework.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

there was a good choice of soups, salads and sandwiches. Wished we had not sat in the bar area, though. It was kind of dark and noisier than the other areas.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've eaten in this relaxed venue a few times, and have always been happy with the experience. College towns are usually fun and lively places, if somewhat unpolished, and this place is no exception. The menu features very decent café fare with a certain zing to it, and I've enjoyed everything I have tried though I haven't sampled their seafood, or the pizza (confession: we also go across the road to Puckler's Ice Cream for dessert...). The salads are quite delightful. What I also enjoy is the atmosphere -- middle-aged locals, parties of college kids clearly having a good luncheon without being slob drunk or loud and rude, and a sprinkling of parents with enrolled U of O offspring. The interior is OK but the glassed-in sun room in the back is very fine, especially on a mixed-sun afternoon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Don't let it's dark and somewhat out of date decor fool you, as that's all part of the charm. This place has great food and great service at great prices. Their menu is interesting and offers something for everyone. The sweet potatoe fries are the best!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

An interesting menu. I had a grilled avocado with melted Gouda and citrus salsa and it was delicious. The fries were amazing. I had a lemon drop. It was 5 dollars and very good. I believe they were understaffed and there was a large party going on so our service was very slow and sparse although very friendly.