“What happened?!?”

Ranked #56 of 641 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Agate Alley
Transit: There are many bus stops located nearby to Agate Alley. Please check the Land Transit District website.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent an amazing breakfast here in the spring on an outside patio surrounded with lovely bamboo and delicious food. Our server was nice, service was speedy and the FOOD! It was fantastic.
But I just went again. I thought I had forgotten the name of the correct place where I had enjoyed my previous meal. I couldn't find the outside seating (it has been removed) and we ended up in a dark corner.
The meal was dry, not that flavorful, and obviously had sat under a heat lamp for a good 5 minutes. The service was nice enough, the food a little more expensive than it was worth, and the server was fine. Everyone was nice.
It just missed the mark so much from my previous experience I have to be disappointed. We don't go out often, and when the opportunity arose we chose somewhere we knew would be awesome. It was tragic.
I hate to be disappointed. I'll try again, but I wonder if this has new ownership or something.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The menu here is more interesting than the food itself, at least for us. We have eaten here twice while visiting Eugene, and both times wanted to like it more than we did. The location is great, the staff are smart and fun, the ambiance is both hip and cozy whether you eat inside or out, and hats off to focusing on locally sourced, organic ingredients and creative dishes. Last time my partner had the braised lamb shank, and found that the over-stewed sauce overwhelmed the meat. I had one of the sandwiches, which was fine. We were grateful to be in a college with late hours when we collapsed after a day's drive and woke up late and hungry! It's a pleasant place to visit, and you'll get good food--just not splendid, in our experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I know that if I crave something new and different I can find it here - and the new taste experience is always tasty.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I ate here the other night with 6 friends, and our waiter was extremely slow and uninterested. He was very sluggish and knew he was going to get an automatic tip thus provided HORRIBLE service. The food was delicious, but the waiter needs to be given a talk about excellent costumer service.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great place to meet friends. Fun special drinks and good food.