“Fun activity”

Studio West Glassblowing Studio and Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the excitement of glass in motion. Learn to blow your own ornament, paperweight, float, bowl, pumpkin or vase. We teach from ages 6 & up and can accommodate large groups. Our classes run Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays 11am & 1pm. Appointment is required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Scio, Oregon
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun activity”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked an appointment as a suprise for my husband. We worked with Ciara. It was a great experience. Lots of fun and informative. We plan on coming back again for another adventure sometime in the future. The cost is also VERY reasonable compared to other places i've seen that do these types of classes.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Holly W

Sunnyvale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time at StudioWest”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Saw Studio West was the #1 attraction in Eugene, so on my visit with my daughter at UO, we did the Blow Your Own Bowl workshop, with Alejandro, being our excellent and personable artist-teacher. Got a great appreciation of the skill, patience , and creative abilities of glass art artists, as we were allowed to "make" our own bowls, with Alejandro's help. A definite place to visit, and you'll come away with a beautiful piece of art glass. Well worth it!. Another plus was meeting their dog! Just remember you need to pick up your creation the next day. Worth waiting for!! And they were nice people! Bring a camera too.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank KathyC52
Eastern Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun to do”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I booked a Saturday morning class to make paperweights. It was so fun. I might have to come back and make something different next time. Alejandro was a great instructor and very safety conscience, so I felt comfortable all the way through the project.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank tuette
Santa Rosa, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My 16 year old daughter took the ornament class. With expert help made a beautiful ornament to bring home..her favorite souvenir from the trip. Really fun

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Cate014
San Jose, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for all ages!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My sister-in-law arranged this for the families after UoO graduation. Everyone that could make something and all enjoyed. If you are looking for something to do that will make even the most disgruntled teenager and cranky adult have a good time, then this is the place to go! Had a great time!!! Things to remember: It does cost money to create different items (bowls were expensive BUT worth it and ornaments turned out beautiful) and the glass does need time in the kiln, so either plan on picking up the next day or shipping (that was also worth it).

Visited June 2012