“yummy”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

yes it lively, yes it is a little pricey. but it was yummy. we order small plates and dinner and wine. it was all good. the atmosphere is modern casual funky, in a good way but the cusine is upscale.
we wander in no reservation and they treated us like they were sorry they didn't have a choice of tables for us. we were just happy to be seated immediately, service was spot on and yes we sat right in the middle of the action and loved it.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Have been here twice. Last year I called it my new favorite restaurant. This year it didn't disappoint. Had a bottle of J. Christopher pinot noir, reasonably priced and excellent. I thought the service was great, but we were there on a not-too-crowded evening (an unusual occurence I am led to believe). Lively place, but not overly loud. Intriguingly decorated.

1  Thank edgar m
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Past trips are remembered fondly, and that can put pressure on the place to wow again...well, the food was even better this time, the wine damn worthy, and the atmosphere at the new location was serene during our late night visit (neat lampshade art!)...too bad the service took away from our otherwise pleasurable semi-fine-dining experience :( Server rushed by talking to us as she kept walking (more than once, odd), and then disappeared altogether (the place was NOT busy and there were other servers on). Server reappeared at the bar drinking a glass of wine and finally another server came to take away the cold plates 15 or so minutes after a manager? leaned in to change the temp on the wall without a nod or a smile, ignoring the dirty dishes. Sigh.

Prices are a value, as every item is thoughtful, local, fresh and delicious! Maybe I misunderstood, and it's just another bar that happens to have good food? We will try sitting at the bar next time. These things happen.

1  Thank cascadians
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great tacos and very unique and relaxing atmosphere. Great service even though it was busy. I would go again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place has a great atmosphere, dimmed lights and interesting wall art. The menu is interesting. There are some things that you likely would not find anywhere else. That is about all positive I can say. They were incredibly overpriced for what they had to offer. We were told the wait would be about 20 mins, we ended up waiting well over an hour. They charge for bread and butter. The portions are quite small. The service was poor. I asked for some ice for my water glass and the waitress was rude about it and then took approximately 20 mins to return with the ice. The staff tried to take our parties' plates before we were done with them multiple times. We were charged for things we did not order, however I will say the waitress promptly removed them from our bill when notified. Overall it is a unique place to experience but not a place I feel the need to return to.

1  Thank rockhunters2010