“This hotel is true to it's name-Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Eugene
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel is fairly new. Our taxi driver's GPS could not locate this hotel ( no updated map). I let him use my GPS. Took us about 18 minutes from the Eugene Airport.
Front desk clerk was quite pleasant and courteous, considering we arrived after midnight. He also said we got the room we requested-corner room on the 3rd floor. Yeah! We stayed here for a week.

The room was very spacious and comfortable, just as depicted on their website photos. I won't mention all the amenities since other reviewers have done that. Wish bathroom had one more amenity: a make up mirror. One negative: there were about 12 flies( mostly dead, a couple alive) in my window/screen area. I mentioned this to the front desk( a male and a female), but nothing was done. Other than that, the room was great( just a little gross looking out the window). The front desk staff were excellent......always saying hello, getting a taxi, wishing us Happy Holidays, asking us how was our day .......very well trained. In this competitive business, having a good staff is key for returns.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is not walking distance to U of O, downtown, or restaurants( other than Denny's). BUT.......if you have a car-no problem getting to your destinations. Nothing is really far in Eugene. Since we had a GPS, we had no problems getting to and fro to the hotel. At night, some portions of the travel back to the hotel gets pretty dark, so you might want to initially drive during the day to familiarize yourself with the route. FYI- taxi from airport to this hotel-$30. Also, free hotel parking with lots of parking stalls.

Their breakfast buffets were all in all pretty good. They try to vary the menu. One day they had scrambled eggs with bacon, another day..... fixings to create an Eggs McMuffin sandwiches, and another day strawberry blitzes with cheese omelets. Cereals, various breads/bagel/English muffin to toast, pastries, oj, apple juice, coffee, milk( reg and skim), make your own waffles( great tasting!), yogurt, apples, oranges, sometimes bananas. I stayed here for 7 days, so I probably saw everything they had to offer. The only negative thing was one day their breakfast sausage links tasted like cardboard ( overcooked?), but was replaced with fresh tasting ones a little later. The attendants were always checking to see if any items were running low. They were always pleasant and helpful.

Bottom line: Stay here! Good value, good service, good accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Windwardites
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the timne to review our hotel so thoroughly. Your obvious commitment to giving an overall assessment, over such a long peroid, is absolutely fantastic!

We apologize for the flies in the window. The fact that they were there during the entirity of your stay, and never properly cleaned up, has inspired a new way for us to clean and inspect our rooms more methodically. So thank you for your help, and your valuable input.

We hope when you are back in the area, you choose to stay with us again. If you do, don't forget to mention this review and earn added savings for your next visit.

Happy New Year. And best wishes for 2011!!!!!

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stayed Dec. 8-12, 2010.
This was a wonderful hotel, bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great too.
The rooms are huge, with a full couch and king size bed. Desk, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. Internet access was good for a hotel connection, no problems. The hotel was very quiet and restful, but out of the way if you want to be near the college, but very quiet and out of the way if you want a quiet stay. Very easy access to the interstate and beltway, got to the west side of town each day without any problems. Breakfast items were normal hotel fair, nothing exciting there. Nice to have own fridge and microwave if you want to make your own food and eat in the room. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was a little cool, hot tub could use more power in the jets, but the sauna was a great bonus, loved it! I will definitely stay here again when I return to Eugene.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank jmj4080
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and I always feel like I'm coming home. The hospitality is warm and welcoming. Service is terrific. Hotel is always in top shape, clean and very well maitained. I stay in a lot of Choice hotels and this is my favorite by far. It surpasses the quality of the others by measures. I hightly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sudogo
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Thank you very much for taking your time to review us. We greatly appreciate our regular guests. It is because of you and others like you, that we can acheive consistent and regular feedback on how our changes and developments are coming along. Thank you for your loyalty, and for your kind words. I have great confidence that we will continue to provide the type of customer service you've come to appreciate.

Happy Holidays from the Staff and Management,

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The room was very good - bed especially comfortable. Breakfast very adequate, but the earlier you go for that, the better the food. We enjoyed having snacks and beverages provided during the day. A good location considering our travel plans.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HOPS4RICH
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We like hearing our guests responses.

Our beds have been getting very good, "Grades" since we opened. We're very pleased that they have created another satisfied guest. As for the food being better the earlier you get there; if anything is ever unsatisfactory, or if there are items missing when you're eating, please don't hesitate to say something to the hostess or the front desk supervisor. We want breakfast to be just as pleasant as your sleep was the night before. Snacks and beverages in the afternoons are just another way of telling our guests, "Thank You for Choosing Us". We're pleased that you enjoy them.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here one night on way to Seattle. Nice, clean, quiet. Good breakfast. Only problem we had was a shower that wasn't draining (ewww factor). Front desk offered to move us to a different room but since we had already unloaded our cooler contents into the fridge, we declined so they let us use the shower in the other room. Very nice staff at front desk. All in all a good place to stay, we would definitely stay again if in the area.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mydogmac
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Thank you very much for taking your own time in reviewing our propety. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and apologize for your, " Ewww factor" moment. Sometimes things are out of our immediate control and we are left with the necessity to remedy the situations to the best of our abilities. We are releived that you were satisfied with our remedy to your specific situation.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you do allow us the chance to service you again. On your next visit, please mention your review for the chance to receive added savings.

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stay in the Comfort Inn chain of hotels as my choice business destination. I've purchased a couple of dozen stays across the country in the past couple of months for business, alone. This was the best of the best. We have a 10 month old baby who is crawling, so we are very picky about cleanliness on our travels. This place was one of the few that met our needs. The lodging was top notch, but it was the staff that blew me away. It seems that customer service is a dying art. But every employee I spoke with seemed to really care. I think the desk gal's name was Emily, and she was actually the first employee of this chain that was able to explain the choicehotels points program to me. Most of the rest jsut say to call the choicehotels number. We travel with our baby, and he was very sick that night, and the staff was engaged like family. The owner of the hotel also took care to design really spacious rooms. The King suite we stayed in actually had an additional room, and I have not seen that in a Comfort Suites anywhere else so far. It means a lot to stay with good people who care that you satisfied and taken care of. This is the first review I have written on any online hotel website review website, but I signed up at Tripadvisor, because these folks deserve kudos. My highest recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you very much for leaving us such a wonderful comment. Since we opened in 2008, we have been extremely fortunate to have very caring people on our team. The management design was to create an atmosphere that helped you to feel as though you were coming to visit family. The room design by the owners was deliberate as well. They wanted our guests to feel like they (you) are a part of this wonderful family. It humbles us to know that our team convinced you to sign up for Trip Advisor, and to review our property specifically. It has been said before, but let me say it again...Your reviews are our best and most practical tools. They help us to maintain that level of service that you received during your stay. Once again, our own little motto truly defines us:

"Service is our Business. People are our Purpose."

Reviewed October 10, 2010

My stay was from 10/4/10 to 10/9/10 The service at The Comfort Suites Hotel was great, check in and check out was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very uniquely decorated, not like the usual boring hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were very soft too. The whole room and bathroom was extremely clean. The complimentary breakfast in the hotel was good, the coffee was great. The entire staff was remarkably friendly and very helpful.

Liked the price, cleanliness the most, the quiet location of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesEugene, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

It is, and has always been our greatest desire, to maintain a sense of professionalism, built on a solid foundation of personality, integrity and a genuine desire to make and maintain lasting guest relations. It is both professionaly and personally gratifying to our staff, to hear our property being reviewed as kindly as you have. Words are never enough to express our gratitude, when our guests find the time in their busy schedules, to write such kind words about our staff, and about our property. Thank you very much for sharing your time with us.