“Travelers gem, clean, new looking, quiet, good value.”

Comfort Suites Eugene
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tacoma, WA
“Travelers gem, clean, new looking, quiet, good value.”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is a gem for a traveler. We had a very restful night. The hotel is a few blocks off the highway, very quiet. The setting is semi-rural. The room appeared new and clean, no sign of wear. Beds were most comfortable. Air is quieter than other similar individual units and has a wall thermostat, nonethel. ess awakened me a couple of times when it turned on. There is a nice small pool and hot tub. The exercise room is small with one treadmill, one eliptical and one weight machine. The televisions are new LCDs with many movies available for the couple of bucks tagged on to the room charge. Parking is free outside. A limited breakfast is provided in a common area. The staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. Restaurants and the U are only a short drive away. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Reviews such as the one you left, are one of our greatest tools in monitoring how we compare to other hotels in our area.

Thank you again for your time. We look forward to seeing you when you return..

DPR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Overall the facility was above average. It was quiet, clean and close to the freeway and downtown Eugene. However, the undislcosed $1.99 fee for the right to watch movies made me mad. You couldn't have it waived and they didn't disclose it. We were prepaid through hotels.com who didn't know about it either, so when we got home and found the extra charge on our credit card, I called Comfort Suites and they begrudgingly reversed the charge. I was told it was a chain charge for a service provided to all their locations so customers can watch movies. Well, I don't like to watch movies; nor do I want to see them get rich by raking in $1.99 from all their unsuspecting customers every night. Petty, yes, but I don't like to be lied to. Will I go back, NO.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bucksduck2011
EugeneComfortSuites, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that our policies weren't made more apparent to you when you checked in. The movie charge is listed on the front of the registration card and always has been since we adopted in room movies in late April 2012. Initials are required when checking in, notifying all guests and potential guests of this wonderful feature. However, by your review alone, it appears that we could be more vocal about this charge.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make the necessary adjustments.

Yours in Service,

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

It is just like the reviews state: quiet, easy access to I-5, great shower and comfy beds. Room rate was better then I expected and the room was spacious. This makes a good overnight stop when traveling through Oregon.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2012

As the Booking Administrator for Teen Mania’s Acquire the Fire youth events, I have worked with hundreds of hotels across the US and Canada for our Staffs’ accommodations. We have about 33 events annually. This was our first year in Eugene, OR and to be honest with you I am typically looking for a certain name brand level property to put our Staff & Artists so that I can be confident in the quality of their stay. While a Comfort Suites is not a brand I would typically rave about, the trip advisor ratings were so high that I decided to give this property a try.
I wanted to tell you that this property has blown me away. Not only were they fantastic to work with on the booking side of things, but my Director came back from this event raving about the hotel. He said of all the hotels they had been at throughout the tour this year (Marriott, Hilton, etc.) this one was his favorite! He went on to tell me that they had placed a personalized gift basket in each of the rooms for our block! My Director was so touched that they went the extra mile in this way that he took a picture to show me. That hasn’t happened before and I have been working for Acquire the Fire for over 6 years! Typically no news is good news in my job, but when I get positive feedback – that really tells me something.
I know that for our Staff/VIP’s I am definitely planning to return to this property in the future and if you are willing to ignore the brand of Comfort Suites and trust in the quality of the stay and experience – I am confident you won’t regret it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sarah L
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel was very clean, comfortable bed, quiet, easy to get to and the breakfast was great. Very good value for you money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EugeneComfortSuites, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
We want every guest to feel as though they are special. One of the ways we accomplish this, is by trying to provide superior quality EVERYTHING!!!

From our eco-friendly, state of the art laundry system, and our top of the line Serta® brand, pillow top mattresses; to our Industry recognized, "Your Morning Breakfast"™, and our ease of location and access. Our goal at the Comfort Suites ~ Eugene, is to offer you Luxurious Accomodations, at cost effective rates. We are certainly happy that you approve.

King William, Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Well deserving of the 1st place to stay in Eugene. Huge room, reasonably priced clean well-appointed hotel room.
Great jacuzzi.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZGlass
EugeneComfortSuites, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Eugene, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
We try very hard to retain the #1 position. The work we put in, is entirely for our guests; and it pleases us greatly to hear your praises when it doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope that you choose the Comfort Suites ~ Eugene every time your in the Eugene area.

southern oregon
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when it was first opened a few years ago. It was perfect then, now several years later it is seeing a little wear but it is still great. Easy to get on and off I5 but far enough to be quiet. Always a great nights sleep. Staff is friends and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I am always telling friends and family about this hotel. I can't say that about many places. Breakfast in my opinion is better than other Comfort Suites. When in Eugene this is the place I will stay. Doesn't allow pets or smoking which is a plus since my husband has pet allergies.

Room Tip: Have not found a bad room in this place. We always try to get the top and away from the elevators...