“Everything is Delicious!”

La Perla Pizzeria
Ranked #88 of 639 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 12, 2012

La Perla is a total gem of a place. Their wood-fired brick oven pizzas are certified by the Vera Pizza Napoletana board (that's the "pizza police" of Naples that defines specific regulations for true, Naples-style pizza). Also, they happen to be delicious. Crispy bottom crust, stretchy, doughy top crust, great cheeses, meats and vegetables. I strongly recommend the pizza with prosciutto and arugula - very unique and very yummy!

The ambiance is light, fun, and casual. But if you were dressed up a bit and looking for a good meal, you wouldn't feel out of place. There's outdoor seating in the summer, and they have a good wine list. I love going to La Perla when I want a relaxing meal with my family, but I still want really great quality food. The pricing is appropriate to the atmosphere and the quality, and I always leave happy. This is a great restaurant!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Love the dinner and lunch food is great! Great price and quality without a doubt! Family Friendly! Con: Can get pretty loud on one side of the restaurant hard to hear conversations.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I went with a group of friends who were much older than me (70's-80's) and the room was so loud that conversations were out of the question. I didn't mind that the pizzas only came in individual servings, but many of the older members didn't quite get the individual concept and wanted to share.
The pizza was very good, not among the top pizzas I've had around the world (I try pizza everywhere). My pizza had a number of toppings but nothing really stood out. The house made mozzarella was also quite bland. The best mozzarella is bland which is why it should be on pizzas without tomato sauce (many of their pizzas came that way). The most flavorful item was the Parmesan cheese. The crust was a little sweet and tasted good.
Our waitress was efficient and friendly. The pizzas were a little on the pricy side, but nothing outrageous. I would happily revisit La Perla.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

While it's kind of "echo-y" and loud when it's busy, the atmosphere is cozy and nice. Service is good and the flavors are terrific. That wood-fired oven imparts a taste that can't be reproduced by other means. Yum!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I don't get the less than stellar reviews on this place; we LOVE la Perla. The food is fresh, hot and fast. The staff are attentive and helpful, even when busy. The BEST pizza I've had is on the appetizer menu, Focaccia alla Beppe & Gianni. The description is:
Wood-oven focaccia inspired by Beppe & Gianni’s most popular appetizer - flatbread topped with fresh roasted garlic and cambozola cheese. $10.95. I ask them to add prosciutto and OMG - it is heaven. True Neapolitan Pizza - period.