“Don't Even Bother”

Ratatouille Bistro
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named after a traditional southwestern dish in France, Ratatouille began with our doing the very best we could do with French recipes and Oregon ingredients, and has evolved into what we like to think of as a celebration of the very finest of our regional food products.
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We ate at Ratatuoille tonight and it was the worst service that we have ever had. The waitress didnt take our complete order, she did ask if we wanted drinks and after we ordered them it took 45 minutes for her to bring a can of pop which we were charged $3.00 for. We sat at our table for 1 hour and 15 minutes before our meal was served. People that were seated after us were served their meals before we were. I felt awful for the party of four behind us because she served two of the people in their party and did not serve the other two for at least a half hour but continued to serve the same exact dishes to two other tables that showed up after them. When the party asked her to give them their beverages for free she refused, she was so rude to them and then after being so very rude she pawned them off on a girl who had just started working their that night. This waitress made one excuse after another and several table just wanted to get their checks and leave. Their were 4 tables that we were sitting by us and they were all upset by this woman and her rude attitude and service. Her excuse for this terrible evening was that there was a small wedding party their tonight, maybe 20 people in all. Our food was ok, definately not worth even the half price we paid and our desert which was apple pie was dry and half warm parts were cold. (how do you mess up apple pie?) Service AWFUL, NOT WORTH WAITING. Thank God we got a coupon through Crusader Deals and our meal was half off or it would have made this experience even worse. I will never reccomend this place to anyone, in fact I will tell people to never even try it. TERRIBLE

3  Thank Whoobley

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We actually found this place by accident because the place we planned to go was closed. This place is two restaurants in one and I chose the Thai menu.

I had the pineapple fried rice with prawns. The prawns were perfectly cooked. I thought the portion seemed huge and planned to take some home, but it was so good that I cleaned my plate.

The server was nice and friendly.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband, 11 year old daughter and 80+ year old mother and father in law went to this restaurant for my birthday celebration. We had a VERY delicious meal, beginning with cocktails, then our meal which included entrees such as Cassoulet and Duck Breast Salad. Diverse organic wine list was avaiable with wines from Oregon as well as California, France, Chile, South Africa and Spain. The French owner came to our table to chat and help us feel welcome. I ended the meal with Lavender Creme Brulee !( complete with a birthday candle). I don't think many people know of this "gem" as it was not a bustling scene. The restaurant is part of a "green village" called Crescent Village and is a little outside of the downtown area. Well worth trying for service, cuisine and atmosphere!

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Service was very poor, slow, inattentive. Food was definitely not up to par. Salad Nicoise had no anchovies despite being listed on the menu, potatoes were undercooked to the point of being raw, green beans soggy. Server had no idea what was supposed to be in a
Salad Nicoise and thought the tuna was the anchovies. We wanted to discuss the shortcomnings with someone but there was noone with any authority present. We will definitely not return.

1  Thank dencyn
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Ordered food which in all took forever although no one else in building. Waiter new and brought wrong food. Husband now sick from food and mine keeps coming up. Simply no taste to either dish.
Will NOT eat there again.
Will NOT recommend to friends.

2  Thank KP510