“Satisfied”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, United States
“Satisfied”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the University of Oregon; we were visiting to watch a football game. It was nice that they didn't require a 2 night minimum like some of the other hotels in the area. The bartender was obviously irritated with us when we returned to the hotel late and ordered a drink. Front desk staff and housekeeping were extremely nice and helpful throughout our stay. Overall, I would expect to pay about $50 less than I did for the room we stayed in - that being said, I would still probably stay here again because there aren't many other comparable places to stay in Eugene.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am very pleased that you found our location convenient to attend a University of Oregon football game, and that you found our housekeeping and front desk staff very accommodating. I do apologize for the poor service you experience in our lounge. Please be assured that I will discuss your experience with our lounge manager to ensure the service shortcoming is addressed and doesn't happen again. Thank you again for providing your review. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Sincerely

Jody Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hotel was up-to-date and located close to the Qregon Football Stadium. Rooms were clean and had everything I needed. Lobby was current and the checkin/checkout process went smoothly. I plan to visit when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for providing your review. I am very pleased that you found our location convenient to the University of Oregon's Autzen Stadium and that you liked the recent renovations to our public space. We look forward to having the opportunity to take care of you again in the future!

Everett, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Firstly, they charge you $15 to park in Eugene, Oregon!!! I have just completed a trip across the U.S. and this was the ONLY place that charged for WI FI. The place smelled musty when we got off the elevator to our floor, the bathtub didn't drain properly, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and they left one single coffee pod for the room (there was hot chocolate, hot tea and de-caf, but come on!). No free coffee in the lobby nor any type of breakfast. Am I missing something? I would rather sleep in my car than stay here! Not one single thing I can say positive about this place. If I gave them one star I would be exaggerating. Horrible, horrible, horrible! Hard to believe a business like this could do such a poor job and still be in operation. Stay ANYWHERE else in Eugene!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ched F
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

General Managr
Portland, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wonderful staff, hotel and all around accommodations mad by front desk staff, van driver and breakfast staff. my only complaint would be the room service gentleman who took our order was a bit rude and unwilling to make any substitutions so I had to over order to accommodate my daughters needs. I understand people have bad days but the unwillingness to work with me was a bummer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our hotel. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to improve our products and services as a result of your review. I apologize for the poor service provided by our in room dining server. I assure you that I will discuss your experience with our In Room Dining Manager and all of the service staff. I am happy that overall you had a wonderful stay and that you found all of our other team members accommodating. Your business is very important to us and we hope to take care of you again soon.

Seattle, Wa, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel charges for parking and for Internet, so bargain rates are not such bargains. The furnishings are outdated and the facilities are not well-maintained. It's a convenient location, but a terrible value if you can't get a good night's sleep due to an uncomfortable bed, noisy room, and inconsistent temperature.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Gold River CA, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a one night stay in Eugene for meetings. The hotel is surrounded by great restaurants and micro-breweries, which is great. I would ask to stay on the opposite side from the train. It can be noisy all night long. Otherwise, this is the place to stay in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for providing your review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate that you have provided it. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our downtown location and some of the many restaurants, micro-breweries and retail stores that are in our neighborhood. We look forward to having the opportunity to take care of you again in the future.

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was nice, beds good, rooms clean, right next to the performing arts center. If you are checking in with kids and want to swim, be aware that the pool is small and VERY shallow...more of a wading pool and the hot tub is TINY and fits maybe 5 people at a time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate that you have taken time to provide it. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and our central downtown location. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the many restaurant and retail offerings in our neighborhood. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.