We chose the Eugene Hilton for an overnight birthday getaway because of its location; it's next door to the Hult Center where we had tickets for a Moody Blues concert and it's close to our favorite Eugene restaurant, Marche.
The concert was scheduled to start at 8 p.m., so we decided to take a mid-afternoon nap after checking in around 3:30. Plan was to sleep until around 6, then grab a bite at the hotel's lounge before the show. Well, we no sooner finished unpacking and getting into bed than the clatter started. Apparently repairs or renovation was being done on the room next door -- drills, hammers, whatever -- lots of noise. After waiting a few minutes, it was obviously that the work was not a momentary thing.
We called the front desk to find out how long we could expect the noise to continue. We were told it probably would go to 5 or 5:30. We told them we had hoped to rest before dinner time, but the racket made it difficult. No apology or explanation for putting us in a room next to a "work-site," although the hotel did not appear to be filled anywhere close to capacity -- plenty of vacant spaces in the hotel's parking garage. Finally they said they could move us to another floor, but the time and logistics of getting dressed, repacking and moving didn't make sense. Just put a pillow over my head and dozed the best I could.
As for the room itself: the furnishings were fine -- standard (but nice) hotel fare and the king bed was comfortable enough. Our 9th floor room overlooked the busy street in front of the hotel and traffic noise was not a problem. The train station is just a couple streets away and there was noise from that a few times during the night, noticeable but nothing too obtrusive.
Express checkout was quick and efficient. Other than the odd decision to put us in a noisy work zone, no complaints. It just put a bit of a damper on an otherwise pleasant getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Eugene stands in the heart of downtown Eugene, Oregon. Recent renovations transformed our guest rooms, lounge area, fitness center and exclusive Executive Level. Located just two blocks from the Amtrak station and offering complimentary airport shuttle transportation to the Eugene airport, the hotel is easily accessible. With proximity to the University of Oregon campus, Hilton Eugene is a great choice for hotels near Autzen Stadium, Hayward Field and Matthew Knight Arena. Situated in the city’s art and entertainment district, the hotel is close to many things to do in Eugene with ease such as shopping, dining and visiting local businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Eugene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eugene Hotel Eugene
- Hilton Eugene And Conference Center
- Eugene Hilton