“Decent overnight accommodations”

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We chose the Eugene Hilton for an overnight birthday getaway because of its location; it's next door to the Hult Center where we had tickets for a Moody Blues concert and it's close to our favorite Eugene restaurant, Marche.
The concert was scheduled to start at 8 p.m., so we decided to take a mid-afternoon nap after checking in around 3:30. Plan was to sleep until around 6, then grab a bite at the hotel's lounge before the show. Well, we no sooner finished unpacking and getting into bed than the clatter started. Apparently repairs or renovation was being done on the room next door -- drills, hammers, whatever -- lots of noise. After waiting a few minutes, it was obviously that the work was not a momentary thing.
We called the front desk to find out how long we could expect the noise to continue. We were told it probably would go to 5 or 5:30. We told them we had hoped to rest before dinner time, but the racket made it difficult. No apology or explanation for putting us in a room next to a "work-site," although the hotel did not appear to be filled anywhere close to capacity -- plenty of vacant spaces in the hotel's parking garage. Finally they said they could move us to another floor, but the time and logistics of getting dressed, repacking and moving didn't make sense. Just put a pillow over my head and dozed the best I could.
As for the room itself: the furnishings were fine -- standard (but nice) hotel fare and the king bed was comfortable enough. Our 9th floor room overlooked the busy street in front of the hotel and traffic noise was not a problem. The train station is just a couple streets away and there was noise from that a few times during the night, noticeable but nothing too obtrusive.
Express checkout was quick and efficient. Other than the odd decision to put us in a noisy work zone, no complaints. It just put a bit of a damper on an otherwise pleasant getaway.

f

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate receiving your feedback and the opportunity it provides us to improve our products and services.

I apologize for placing you in a guestroom that was near renovation work. We have established procedures to help minimize the impact of our current renovation and I assure you that I will reinforce these procedures with our team members and ensure have a stronger awareness of where work is being completed. I am glad that you found the room comfortably furnished and the beds comfortable. Again, I am very sorry for the mistake with your room location. We greatly value your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually like to find smaller, out-of-the-way places to stay overnight. My husband had a business meeting in Eugene and so we stayed at the Hilton. I was amazed -- this conference hotel was wonderful and when I return to Eugene, I won't look elsewhere for accommodations.

The location is terrific and the lobby is smart-looking, clean and efficient. The staff bent over backwards to welcome us and everyone was friendly and helpful -- from the the front desk to the delightfully entertaining van driver who took us to the airport before the crack of dawn the day of our departure.

The Our room was spacious and very clean and since my husband had business, I had several meals at the hotel and I thought the food was absolutely delicious.

I give my highest recommendation to this gem of a property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate our guest feedback and the opportunity that it provides.

I am very happy and proud that we have earned your "highest recommendation". Our team at the hotel strives everyday to ensure all of our guests feel exceptionally well cared for, valued and respected. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and guestrooms, and our restaurant. I hope you were able to take advantage of our premier downtown location as well. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Over the years, I have had the pleasure of working closely with the Eugene Hilton on several occasions both for business and personal. For meetings, large staff gatherings, conventions or other business needs this locations has exceeded my expectations. From the accommodations to their service, the staff is helpful, friendly and professional. We always enjoy a nice banquet at several of our company meetings and everyone commented about the 'high quality of food" and everyone loved the variety of fresh, local items they offered.
For larger groups of out of town guests this is my choice for convenience, quality, comfort and location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to provide your review of our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to improve our products and services as a result.

I am very pleased that you continue to find our hotel to be a perfect location for business meetings, conferences and personal needs. Our team at the Hilton Eugene strives everyday to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Thank you also for your loaylty to our hotel and your confidence in our team. Your business is very much appreciated and we look forward to future opportunities to take care of all of your hotel needs.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had a recent trip to Eugene and stay at this hotel. The rooms are updated and modern. The hotel is in a great location, easy to walk to some great spots. Good for walking to places in town. The staff is friendly and courteous as well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MJ G
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate our guest feedback and the opportunity it provides. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team members to be courteous and friendly. I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our downtown location and experience some of the many great local stores and restaurants in our neighborhood. You business is very much appreciated and we look forward to taking great care of you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We enjoyed the experience in the newly renovated Hilton in Eugene! Location couldn't be better. We were driving through, stopping to see family on our way home to Seattle and will diffenitely make it a regular place to stay on our frequent trips south!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and that our central downtown location was perfect for your needs! We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to taking care of you again on your next trip south.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

this was the hotel that my daughter chose for guests to stay at and it exceeded our expectations-beautiful, comfortable and staff were kind and competent; nice to have all guests at the same place for 4 days

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team members were able to exceed all of your expectations. Our newly renovated guest rooms do provide a terrific comfortable stay! Thank you for taking time to share your review. We do hope to have the opportunity to take care of you again in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a great trip at this hotel. It's a fairly short walk to the University of Oregon's campus. Some tasty dining options and clean rooms. I would stay here again.
They do charge extra for wifi and parking though.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Buser F

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our downtown location beneficial for your visits to the University of Oregon. I am also happy to see that you found the opportunity to explore the many restaurant options available in our neighborhood! We look forward to taking great care of you again soon!