“Downtown Eugene is really nice”
Review of Hilton Eugene

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Watkinsville, United States
“Downtown Eugene is really nice”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel was being remodeled. There were no noise issues due to the construction work and the hotel staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. There are many restaurants within walking distance. This area of downtown Eugene, OR is very nice and the people I met were very friendly. I would definitley stay at this hotel again. The price was very good for the location and accomodations. I also used the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle driver was very friendly, especially since I left for the airport at 4:15 AM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am very happy that you found our team very friendly and accommodating. We are under renovation currently, and while the process can sometimes create a disturbance, i am glad to read that you were not inconvenienced by the project. our renovations will conclude on November 3rd. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Jody Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Located next to the Hult Center, it is an older property but having some upgrades being done. The dust and noise were a bit of a surprise, but the staff more than made up the difference. They made sure that the name "Hilton" meant "quality". I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dan F
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our downtown location next to the Hult Center convenient for you. I am also happy that you enjoyed your interactions with our team members. Your business is very much appreciated and we look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was scheduled to leave for Honolulu in the evening but Allegiant cancelled our flight until the next day.

Kudos to Allegiant at least for booking us all into The Hilton.

Even though they are in the middle of a remodel, the place was still beautiful.

The shuttle drivers were very courteous, transporting us back and forth to the airport and the front desk was just as welcoming and helpful.

I feel they went above and beyond attempting to make our inconvience as delightful as possible.

I was able to use the jacuzzi, which was decent as well as outside. Looking at the stars while relaxing was a nice stress reliever.

I then ordered room service and the chicken ceasar salad was great. Pay attention though, as they already include gratuity into the bill. I gladly paid the gentlemen twice as I also gave him a cash tip for the delivery and didnt realize until after the fact.

When it was finally time to fall asleep, the bed felt just like a cloud. It was the most comfortable hotel bed i have ever slept in. Normally i cant sleep a wink in hotels but this bed had me out like a baby.

They had a great small balcony which gave me the pretty city lights and a fresh cool breeze. I did not notice any loud trains or buses, it was so peaceful.

If I was in Eugene again looking for a place to stay, I would not hesitate to return.

Thank you Eugene Hilton for helping all of us stranded travelers make THE BEST of a bad situation!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank created4thecreator
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking some time to share your review of our hotel. you feedback is very important to us and very much appreciated. I am pleased that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff courteous and that they met your needs during your stay with us. I am also happy that you enjoyed in room dining and some of the other amenities we offer for our guests. Our team at the hotel understands that a flight disruption during vacation can be very disturbing and they strive to do all they can to make our airline partner guests comfortable and relaxed when such a disruption occurs. Thank you again for sharing your review. i do hope that you enjoy your journey and that we are able to take care of your hotel needs again in the future.

Alpine, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The overall experience was very good, the staff and location made this a great pick. The dining room for breakfast was weak due to the lack of customer attention. The hotel is going through a renovation which will make the stay even better once completed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to provide your review. We greatly appreciate our guest feedback and thank you for providing it. I am glad you found your experience very good. We are indeed under renovation and do look forward to the added amenities that will be provided upon completion. I am sorry that you did not receive the service attention expected at breakfast. Please be assured that I will discuss your concerns with our restaurant service team to ensure that they place a much stronger focus and attentiveness in this area. Thank you again for providing your feedback. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hilton, we encouraged our wedding guests to stay at your hotel for our wedding weekend. The majority had cold water, met reservations problems, couldn't get keys, and had other drama. We will not be back unless there are a lot of changes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for providing your review. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate that you have provided your comments.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations for this stay. I will be sure to discuss your feedback with our team as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. Please know that I am also available to discuss any concerns you have and can be reached via the hotel's primary telephone number. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Ketchikan, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Steps away from the Hult. We enjoyed our stay, even the free breakfast was top notch. We did not feel as though it was packaged waffle mix and crappy danishes. Fresh fruit and drinks. The rooms were nice, though the train can be a bit annoying at 3am.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kevin S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast buffet as well. The location right next door to the Hult Center for Performing Arts does make for a very convenient stay. Thank you again for providing your comments. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Riverside, CA, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hilton Eugene disregarded my instructions on a reservation for family members and turned them away on the second night, saying they were full. They didn't mind so much because their room stank terribly from smoke, but the rest of the family was distressed because the Hilton was intended as a base for our family reunion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for providing your review. I am very sorry that we did not have a room available for your family members. We do guarantee our rooms with confirmed reservations, but unfortunately are sometimes unable to extend existing reservations beyond the registered check out date. I also apologize that you family smelled smoke in their guest room. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, but occasionally this policy is broken. I will speak with our housekeeping staff to improve their awareness of the smell of cigarette smoke to ensure that we treat the rooms in these instances. Thank you again for your review, we hope you will consider our hotel for your needs again in the future.