“A good stay”
Review of Hilton Eugene

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The event we were attending was downtown and this was the perfect place to stay! We could walk safely and easily to the event location from the hotel. We even found a great coffee shop that served Stumptown Coffee not too far away. The hotel was nice, clean, and very accomodating with our two dogs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank blueheelertravler
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to provide your review regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback has great value to us and is very much appreciated.

I am very pleased that you found our central downtown location perfect for your needs. We are right in the heart of Eugene with very easy access to hundreds of restaurants and retail! I am equally pleased that you found our hotel clean and accommodating. Again, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to future opportunities to take care of you.

Hilton Eugene

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked the romance package for an anniversary gift. Paying twice the regular room rate, we received champagne without warning (would have liked to choose the time) and had to inquire to find out info about our "full american breakfasts" at the front desk - not convenient nor timely. Ruined what surprises I had planned in both circumstances.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and I appreciate the opportunity it provides.

I am very sorry that our front desk staff did not provide you with details related to the Romance Package that you reserved. I will discuss the process for this package with our front office and ensure that the team fully understand the expectations associated with this package. In addition, I will attempt to reach out to you directly to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice facility in the heart of Eugene, with clean and comfy rooms, great bathroom supplies, and wonderful staff. Close to delicious restaurants Rye and Belly. Make sure you use your "Do not disturb" sign as the rooms are maintained by a zealous cleaning staff. Clearly, there could be much worse problems than that, but no need to enter my room at 10:00 on checkout day when I'd asked for 1:00 checkout.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to write your review about our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our product and services as a result.

I am very sorry that our housekeeper entered your room earlier than expected and understand how this could be an inconvenience to you. Please know that I will discuss your concern with our housekeeping staff and front desk staff to ensure proper communication is being achieved moving forward. I'm very glad that you found our guest rooms clean and comfortable with well appointed amenities, and that you enjoyed the service from our wonderful staff. I will be certain to share this feedback with the team as well.

Again, thank you for your review. I do hope we are able to take care of you again in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a smaller Hilton, not so posh but very comfortable and clean. It's in a good location, near downtown with lots of shops as well as lots of restaurants and bars (easy walking distance). Staff is nice and helpful, and overall it's a good relaxing place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and very much appreciated.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our excellent downtown location. There are indeed many great shops and unique restaurants in the downtown neighborhood that our guests are able to enjoy. I am equally pleased that you found our staff to be nice and helpful. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope we are able to take great care of you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed a week in the Hilton Eugene Conference Center. The staff was very helpful. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, everyone treated you as you were their most important guest. Great Customer service.

The hotel is right in the center of night clubs and some nice places to eat. The hotel also had really good food. The only negative was the hot tub was out of service. They did have someone there trying to fix it right before I left. Over all experience was VERY good!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the opportunity it provides.

I am very happy that you found all of our staff to be warm and welcoming. The team takes great pride in delivering exceptional hospitality and ensuring every guest feels cared for and valued. Our culinary team will also be very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meals with us. We did indeed repair that hot tub, I am sorry that it was not operational during your stay.

Again, Thank you for providing your comments, and thank you for staying with us. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Hilton while attending an event downtown. It was great that we were able to get into our room early and the front desk agent, Tako, was so friendly and helpful.

This place is walking distance to Saturday Market, 5th St. Market and many downtown shops and restaurants. The rooms have a nice view of downtown (we were on the 10th floor) and many have a Juliet balcony. We also checked out the fitness room and pool which were really nice and also the “whirlpool” that wasn't really a whirlpool; it was a small outdoor hot tub which because of its location was in a hole of sorts which collected garbage from above. We probably should have just stayed in the pool, indoors.

We were told they were remodeling the hotel to add some more modern features, such as refrigerators in the rooms. The A/C in the room worked nicely, but we also chose to open our window instead. But if you are on the North side you might have to deal with the noise from the train whistles. The rooms was nicely appointed and a good size. The bathroom had nice amenities and a coffee pot in the room that was easy to operate.

Also, parking is $20 valet or $15 self park. But when you book online, check the prices and then recheck the prices. One day I looked and it was in the $150 range. Then for the same room, just a month later the price had dropped almost $70.

Be aware that this is a convention center with often many different events going on at once, so the lobby areas can get busy and noisy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I greatly appreciate the opportunity your feedback provides.

I am pleased that you enjoyed many of the wonderful amenities we have to offer, as well as our terrific downtown location. The Saturday Market is a very popular destination for our guests. We are currently renovating the hotel guest rooms and public space. Refrigerators will be placed in all guest rooms as part of our refresh of the hotel. I am also pleased that you were able to take care of our new Precor Fitness equipment and pool area. Thank you again for taking time to share your comments. I hope we are able to take care of you again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The bellman at the Eugene Hilton, Robert (from Brooklyn), was EXTRAORDINARY. He went far beyond his duties. He provided the information we needed, made sure we were comfortable and that all our needs were met. My friend was handicapped and he treated her with the utmost respect and care. We travel often and have never had a bellman treat our belongings so carefully and be so caring and helpful. Thankyou.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity that your feedback provides us. Robert is indeed a tremendous team member! His genuine hospitality is frequently commented upon by our guests. We are very fortunate to have him at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Robert, and all of his co-workers. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we are able to take care of you again should your travels bring you back to Eugene.