“Excellent service”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. The room was clean and the service from the front desk to the cleaning crew was great. However, the room service was exceptional. Food was excellent and the staff very courtous both days.

Hotel rooms are dated and could seriously use an update to include vent in the bathroom. Leave the door open when you shower.

I did'nt use the earplugs for the trian it was kind of cool to hear it. It was no louder than traffic in a big city.

• Stayed February 2013
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I agree that the Staff is great. I will pass on your kind words to the Chef and Roomservice Staff.

Some aspects of the rooms are dated. The good news is, that our Owners are in the process of starting a multi-million dollar renovation soon. It will defiately make a great improvement in the lobby and guest rooms.

Thank you again for giving us your feedback on your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really great and beautiful hotel but being a usually poor person I didn't see the equivalent value for what I paid. The staff was amazing and helpful and fun to talk to and that was really the saving grace of our stay. The bed was very comfy as well and having cable is something cool since we don't have it at home. The bar was good and we had perfect cocktails, but they were spendy. We didn't end up having breakfast because I didn't realize you filled out a card that hung on the door the night before to get room service in the morning. This is a really awesome thing but again you have to pay a lot for it, so I don't think we would have done it anyways. The worst part was that the hot tub was out of order while we were there. It's really the only reason we picked this hotel over another, and it's not as good of a couples retreat without a hot tub. I think I would have been a lot happier with my stay had we been able to relax in the hot tub before bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I agree that the Staff here is amazing and helpful.

We get alot of great comments about our beds and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed them also.

I am sorry about the spa being closed. We had to close it months ago when we found a very large leak, any mention of us having a spa any longer was suppose to have been removed from all of the reservation sites so that our Guests did not arrive thinking that we had a spa. We will look into that to make sure we are not advertizing a spa when in fact it is closed. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Sutherlin, Oregon
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this hotel after I called ahead to verify they had a 24 hour airport shuttle. Once I arrived, I was informed that ACTUALLY the shuttle only ran FROM the airport 24 hours, and shuttle service TO the airport started too late for me to catch my flight. The fellow who booked me in kindly offered to rent me a cab at the hotel's expense to repair the mixup. I then went to bed, only to awaken every two hours by a VERY nearby train. When I got up and checked with the front desk about the taxi I had arranged the night previously, no one had any idea what I was talking about. I requested a taxi, paid for it myself and vowed never to stay here again. Oh yeah, and the rooms had neither minifridge nor microwave, an oddity for a Hilton. Room was clean, pool was NOT, and it was only 4' deep. Spa was boarded over.

Room Tip: Ask about the train!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear of the miscommunication regarding our shuttle service and the inconsistent service at our front desk. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our amenities and service and we regret this was not your impression. We appreciate your feedback and we will keep your comments on our room appointment in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality stay you expect and deserve from us the next time you visit the area.

Gold Beach, Or
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The only positive thing I can say about our stay is the room was clean. They supply earplugs for the train noise however you also need them because there walls are paper thin and you can hear what is "going on" in the room beside you! There is no fridge or microwave..Did not think they even had a blow dryer but found it in a cabinet in between the beds not in the bathroom where you would assume it would be. It was very high priced for what you got especially after you had to pay an additional $15.00 just to park your vehicle. I would not recommend it and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracey M
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your candid feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in your room's appointment. We strive to meet and exceed the needs of our guests and we will use your comments as we work towards this goal. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the value in staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Close to University & nice hotel for team to stay. They are a full service hotel that can host a team & have meeting rooms for team meetings. It was also 10 minutes from the arena & they let us have a late check out so it did not cost us another day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that our location is convenient and we do have alot of Teams staying with us for different sporting events. We are fortunate to have the convention center attached to our Hotel, so we have an ample supply of meeting rooms available for all types of venues.

I am glad to hear that the Front Desk was able to give your Team a late checkout to save on your travel budget. We hope that the next time your Team is in the Eugene area we will have the pleasure of serving you again. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Crescent City
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Really disliked this Hotel. Don't be fooled by the name and the three star rating it is not worth it. Old an dated. No fridge or microwave. Security that made us feel like we were in an unsafe area. $15.00 parking per night (Good grief, were not in the city). Better bring your own earplugs for the TRAIN that comes by three times a night and BLOWS it's horn, their's don't work. You have to pay extra for wi-fi also. Priceline price was good, but I will try other places if I stay in the area again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I appreciate you sharing your review of your stay with us. I am very sorry we did not provide the value you expected during your trip. Our Owners are in the process of starting a rooms and lobby renovation in the next month, and we are very excited to get a facelift in some areas that are looking dated. We are located in the Heart of Eugene and unfortunately have to live with the train running through town, we do provide ear plugs for that reason, if you choose to stay with us again I would suggest asking for a room on the south side as it faces away from the train and can be a quieter location. Thank you again for your review.

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and this hotel is beginning to show its age. However, the staff is excellent and this still is a fun place to stay. The location is pretty much perfect with easy access to downtown. The odd thing is that our room had no microwave or mini-frig and yet they had plenty of room for them. The bathroom is quite small and yet the priceline price made this a good deal. If you visit on a weekend, they will charge you $15 to park your car. If you move 100 yards to the west, you can park in a city-covered garage for nothing or $5 if the Hult Center has an event that night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that the Staff is excellent and the location is perfect, with easy access to downtown. There are some areas of the Hotel that are showing it's age. The good news is, that our owners are preparing to do some major renovations to our Guest rooms and the Lobby space. We are very excited for the project to start in March of this year and we hope that you will join us again to see the difference it will make. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us.