“Hotwire and Hilton”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Central Illinois
“Hotwire and Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this on hotwire and got an amazing deal for 2 adjoining rooms at $50 each. The beds, showers, amenities, etc. were great. No breakfast, and we paid extra for parking - but no worries because of our bottom line rate. All night we heard the trains rolling through but we were on vacation.

Room Tip: Check hotwire.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It sounds like your stay was great and that is what we strive for at our Hotel. If you join us again please let us know about the train noise and we can try to locate you on the other side of the Hotel where it is a little quieter. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Eugene.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Couldn't have asked for a nicer group of people assisting us at the hotel. First, we were given a double-queen bed instead of the single king that we wanted. We didn't realize this until we had already gone inside the room, though. Changing to a room with a king bed was incredibly quick - the woman behind the counter already had our new keys waiting when we got down the the front desk. Later, I went down again to the front desk to break a $20 to get a couple of sodas from the vending machine upstairs. After a delay in getting change, they simply offered 2 free sodas at no charge.

Room and hotel were very clean. Couldn't have asked for a better centrally-located hotel, either. The only negative point is that while the hotel has a pool in the fitness club, there is no hot tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that we have a nice group of people working at our Hotel, and we are centrally located. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in town.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hotel is in a convenient downtown location, at convention centre and 15 minute walk to university. Typical older Hilton -- a little intrusive in a nice, quiet city -- but the rooms are comfortable and service is fine.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I agree that our location is great for walking to many venues in the downtown area. We hope that the next time you travel to Eugene you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Happy Holidays.

Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is the most run down crap shack I have ever seen trying to call itself a three star hotel. The staff is extremely rude, and they treat anyone who would dare to book on priceline.com like they are a sub human species. They have a hot tub that is broken that they have no intention of ever fixing. They give absolutely nothing for free (Internet, Parking, Local Phone Calls). I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn located just 10 minutes away in Springfield, and it's like night and day! The staff there is extremely helpful in every way. And you can even park there without having to pay $15 per night! They also let me accumulate points on my HHonors membership even though I dared to book through priceline.com! When I checked in at Eugene they rudely informed me that I would not receive any points since I didn't book directly with them. Word to the wise....avoid this place at all cost! Whatever business you have can be accomplished much better at the Hilton Garden Inn, Springfield!!

Room Tip: Go the the Hilton in Springfield just 10 minutes away!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike K
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I appreciate you sharing your review of your stay with us. I am very sorry that our services and amenities did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to always provide an exceptional stay for our guests and I will ensure all teams are working harder to reach this goal. Please know that we have many packages that include parking and internet in the room rate. These packages can be booked at our Hilton Brand website. Thank you again for your review.

Jody Hall
Hilton Eugene
Canyonville, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Booked this hotel through Priceline and did get a great price, however no parking, breakfast or internet is included in Hilton's price. By the time you add $15 for parking, $15 for internet and breakfast for 2 you could skip Priceline and book the hotel of your choosing which would certainly not be this Hilton.
First issue is parking - $15 per night. We drive a Suburban and the maximum height is 6'3". Wouldn't you think the desk attendant would let you know that ahead of time? The garage is fair at best.
Second - we were at Hilton on Thanksgiving evening and decided to eat at their buffet. BIG MISTAKE! First the hostess at the desk was totally rude, asked if we had reservations when the place was 1/2 full and then said she thought she could find a table for us (should not have been difficult!). The restaurant was absolutely freezing and our food was cold as well. Most of the food was picked over and I counted two waitresses working the entire room. We were offered drinks one time and should have known when the waitress brought us back 1/2 carafe of soda we would not be seeing her again (not her fault, she was running trying to keep the tables going). My teeth were almost chattering from the freezing room and we waited for coffee but finally gave up.
Third and most concerning - upon leaving our room on the 7th floor we heard a woman screaming horribly down the hall. My husband walked to the room where the sound was coming from and a woman ran out in a sports bra and pj pants screaming that she had been assaulted. I called on the house phone for assistance and a desk clerk came up and asked us what was happening. A young man had exited the room and was giving us his side of the story when the woman came out again screaming obscenities and telling us she had been assaulted by this young man. The clerk went and took the woman back to her room while we waited with the man. A very short time later the clerk came down and asked for the man's side of the story. Again the woman came down screaming and yelling and showing us her evidence of the assault but stated she did not wish to press charges so the man left. At no time did the clerk as for our room numbers, names, or really even apologize for this upsetting scenario. You would have thought for liability sake he would have asked our name/room#.

I really felt the staff was rude, the hotel is somewhat run down and our dinner was horrible. I would not stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are away from the train tracks. We stayed away from the tracks but I could s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thoop8
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in Eugene. I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience with us and I apologize that you did not see the value in your stay. Please know that we also have several room packages that include parking and internet. These packages offer great value over purchasing them separately. I am sorry that the temperature of the Restaurant and food was so cold. We served over 200 people for Thanksgiving brunch and this is the first complaint I have gotten on the food being cold, everyone I had contact with said the whole experience was excellent. I will forward your comments to our Chef so that she can keep an eye on the temperature of the food in our next buffet.I also apologize that you were involved with another Guests dispute, we try to resolve these types of issues quickly so that our other guests are not involved. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you visit Eugene.

Seal Rock, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have never written a review for a hotel. I've found I do enjoy reading them however, the more detail, the better. I take my overnight accomodations seriously, because they represent a large portion of my life. Of the 7300 nights that have come and gone in the past 20 years(365 x 20),
I stayed at Hilton properties for over 10% of them. That's over two years of Hilton stays. I learned of this several months ago when speaking with Hilton Corporate in Texas over a service issue at one of their properties. Yes, I was quite surprised at the number, and the Hilton representative was as well. The service issue was not at the Eugene Hilton. and it was quickly taken care of. This is written to give the Eugene Hilton top marks as my number one Hilton property over the past two decades. Yes, sometimes the next door guests are too loud, or the train wakes me up,
or the pool is closed, or the soup cold, the towels somewhat thin, etc. Suffice to say that life goes on while a guest at the Eugene Hilton. But the staff has always been helpful, courteous, personable and quick to deliver on whatever I might be needing. The rooms are becoming dated, but they are always clean and upgrades are on the calender. When I'm away from home, I desire
comfort that I can count on every night, every stay, every month, every year. Consistency. The Eugene Hilton delivers this for me and has for decades. I'm greeted by name when I walk-up to the front desk for check-in, and that makes me comfortable. They know what room(s) I prefer and I know without asking that is where I will be. A home, if you will, away from home. And in my book, that's the goal of any hotel. The Eugene Hilton acheives that goal for me like no other property. And their breakfast buffet is top of the line. Where else can you get the entire run of the berry family(straw, black, rasp, blue) 365 mornings a year? All fresh, never frozen. End of story.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DJBouchat
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give your first online review of a Hotel. We are honored that you would give your first review of a hotel to us, and rank us as your number one Hilton. All hotels have their problems and what it really comes down to is the staff, and creating a comfortable stay as you mentioned. Our mission is to create a home away from home as we understand how difficult it is to be on the road so often. I agree that a big part of the sucess of any business is consistency. I will let the Chef know that you think her breakfast buffet is top of the line, and to keep the berries coming. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your many stays. We look forward to your next visit.

Taylorsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here for a business conference. My room was basic (no fridge or microwave), but very large and up to Hilton standards. The mini-balcony with sliding glass door was a nice extra – I love fresh air in a hotel room. Parking in the underground garage was free while I was there, although they usually charge for it. It is a full-service hotel, and you do pay for extras; there is no complimentary breakfast, for example. Overall, I thought my conference rate ($97+tax) was well-worth it.

The hotel’s location is great for walking around downtown. It is about two blocks from the 5th Street Public Market, and the area has a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance. Of course, the hotel has a nice on-site restaurant and lounge as well. The restaurant features fresh, local cuisine; I enjoyed the beet and mozzarella salad. There is a train that runs a few blocks away, near the 5th Street Public Market, and the whistle can occasionally be heard, especially with the sliding glass door open. Complimentary earplugs are offered on the bedside table. I’m a light sleeper, but with my balcony door closed and the fan turned to “Hi,” I didn’t need the earplugs and slept soundly all night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I hope your conference went well. I agree that our location is great for walking to many venues in the downtown area. The beet and mozzarella salad in our restaurant is one of my favorites. We hope that the next time you travel to Eugene you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Happy Holidays.