“Go Elsewhere.”

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very disappointed. rooms very worn out. Hilton silver honors meant nothing.no upgrade,room next to elevator and ice machine. Tv did not work. Parking/Internet extra. Breakfast extra. Management reception a joke. One bite of lamb, 2 bites of ice cream and you are done. Designed to nickel and dime you to death for mediocre hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I appreciate you sharing your review of your stay with us. I am very sorry we did not provide the service or amenities you expected during your trip. Our goal is to always provide an exceptional stay for our guests and I will ensure all teams are working harder to reach this goal. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable, had coffee maker in the room. Quiet. Now much of a view, even on a high floor. Location was good, walking distance to restaurants and in a pretty area. Had read comments about train noise but never heard the train.

Desk staff was very friendly.

Parking fee of $15/night seemed excessive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Our Housekeeping department takes great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms and it shows in the many great Guest comment cards we receive. I agree that our location is good and there are many restaurants and other venues within walking distance. I hope the next time you are in the Eugene area you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good gym. Important for us. Good internet compared to some hotels I stay in. Rooms a bit bland, but many downtown hotels are older, so I am fine with that. We get the wifi and break fast (excellent!!) free so hard to find any issues there. I thought I left something behind and they looked and looked (alas, I think it fell in the trash and was gone before they looked) and followed up wonderfully. And we parked next door in the garage on the same block and saved money. Overall, while not wowed (except by the breakfast) we were satisfied fully.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree about our gym, I think we have the best gym out of all the other Hotels in the area. Our Housekeeping department takes pride in the cleanliness of their rooms and works very diligently to retrieve items left behind for our Guests. Thank you again for your feedback, as it lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve upon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Worthless absolutly worthless. $109 for a tiny room with no fridge or microwave. They charge for wifi, 50 cents a min to make local calls on their phone. The employees keep asking me if I'm lost or something similer. I thought staying at this place would be fun but i was wrong. I'm sitting in this room writing this review. Not impressed not even a little. Last hilton I ever waste my money on. My advice to anyone reading this would be stay away. This place is a money pit. The first thing I woke up to today was a large bill slid under my door at five in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank almg1
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room.
You are right that our rooms do not come equipped with a microwave and fridge, but we do have them available upon request for our Guests. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and your review will help us to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Checked in for a nice weekend with my girl. We both work in medical related fields. Found dried blood in bathroom. The next morning on our way out, she dropped a note and personally spoke to the desk supervisor. When we returned later the afternoon the bed was made, fresh towels, and dried blood. We checked out at the end of our stay, but returned to the roomafter it was made up for the next guest. The blood remained. I sent Hilton an email, and received no response.

On weekends, Hilton charges $15 a day for parking, no joke 20 feet across the street parking is $3. Per night.

So disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Dawinetaster
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Eugene. We are glad you chose our hotel during your visit in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping issue you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we know our guests deserve better. We work hard to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and having shared your experience with our team, we will do a better job preventing issues like this moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us should you visit the area again in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Eugene Conference Center in beautiful Eugene, OR.
The Hilton is probably the best game in town for visitors, either for business or pleasure. The hotel was busy with conference check-ins, as well as leisure travelers there for the Oregon Ducks football game that weekend (fyi, the Oregon Ducks are THE topic in Eugene - the college is in town).
The hotel itself is pretty standard, and if i'm being honest, it is getting a little tired. This is not to say that the rooms aren't very clean (they are!) and all the Hilton standards are in place. What could have made a pretty ordinary hotel experience memorable was the service. Every hotel associate I came in contact with was extremely friendly, helpful and informative. They seemed genuinely happy to serve. THIS makes all the difference and turns an ordinary hotel into something better.
The hotel is centrally located and many restaurants and points of interest are within walking distance. The complimentary airport shuttle is a definite plus. The driver said with pre arrangement, they could take you to the mall as well.
There is a train track nearby and that seemed to bother light sleepers, but not me. The hotel provides earplugs in your room if you need them, but I never heard it. Perhaps it was on the other side of the hotel.
Complimentary morning coffee was nice and although I did not eat in the restaurant, I did enjoy the meals during our conference and they were outstanding! I can only imagine the restaurant is as good.
I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the Eugene area.

Room Tip: A tip from fellow travelers - ask for rooms away from train noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you felt the hotel is getting a little tired. Our Owners are in the process of renovation plans that will update the look to the public spaces and guest rooms. We do pride ourselves on the service we provide and hiring friendly, customer service minded staff. We are fortunate to have such a centrally located hotel, as our guests can get to just about anywhere on foot. I will pass on your outstanding comments about the food during your conference to our Chef. We look forward to your next stay with us in Eugene. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have stayed in the Eugene Hilton several times and have been happy with the rooms and the hotel in general. However, I am extremely unhappy with the management of the hotel because of their lack of concern for the safety of their guests and their vehicles. One issue is they charge fifteen dollars to park your car (they are the only hotel in the Eugene area who does this) at least half of the time the gates are left open so people who are not staying at the hotel can park for free. Then while they do have a security person roaming around this does not mean yourvehicle is safe. My vehicle, while parked in their garage, was broken into. Two windows were broken out causing $2500 in damage as well as personal items stolen. The alarm on the vehicle was set off however the security guard had no idea that this had happened. The management did NOTHING. Six months later, thinking this had to have been a fluke, my car had the back tire slashed while parked in their garage. Moral of the story, if you have a vehicle with you...........it;s not safe at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the unfortunate experience you had in our garage. I assure you that vehicle incidents in our parking garage are an anomaly, and when brought to hotel management's attention are investigated thoroughly. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.