“Unresponsive staff, outrageous parking fees,” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Eugene

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Eugene
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Medford, Oregon
“Unresponsive staff, outrageous parking fees,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Checked in for a nice weekend with my girl. We both work in medical related fields. Found dried blood in bathroom. The next morning on our way out, she dropped a note and personally spoke to the desk supervisor. When we returned later the afternoon the bed was made, fresh towels, and dried blood. We checked out at the end of our stay, but returned to the roomafter it was made up for the next guest. The blood remained. I sent Hilton an email, and received no response.

On weekends, Hilton charges $15 a day for parking, no joke 20 feet across the street parking is $3. Per night.

So disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dawinetaster
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Eugene. We are glad you chose our hotel during your visit in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping issue you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we know our guests deserve better. We work hard to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and having shared your experience with our team, we will do a better job preventing issues like this moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us should you visit the area again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Eugene Conference Center in beautiful Eugene, OR.
The Hilton is probably the best game in town for visitors, either for business or pleasure. The hotel was busy with conference check-ins, as well as leisure travelers there for the Oregon Ducks football game that weekend (fyi, the Oregon Ducks are THE topic in Eugene - the college is in town).
The hotel itself is pretty standard, and if i'm being honest, it is getting a little tired. This is not to say that the rooms aren't very clean (they are!) and all the Hilton standards are in place. What could have made a pretty ordinary hotel experience memorable was the service. Every hotel associate I came in contact with was extremely friendly, helpful and informative. They seemed genuinely happy to serve. THIS makes all the difference and turns an ordinary hotel into something better.
The hotel is centrally located and many restaurants and points of interest are within walking distance. The complimentary airport shuttle is a definite plus. The driver said with pre arrangement, they could take you to the mall as well.
There is a train track nearby and that seemed to bother light sleepers, but not me. The hotel provides earplugs in your room if you need them, but I never heard it. Perhaps it was on the other side of the hotel.
Complimentary morning coffee was nice and although I did not eat in the restaurant, I did enjoy the meals during our conference and they were outstanding! I can only imagine the restaurant is as good.
I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the Eugene area.

Room Tip: A tip from fellow travelers - ask for rooms away from train noise.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you felt the hotel is getting a little tired. Our Owners are in the process of renovation plans that will update the look to the public spaces and guest rooms. We do pride ourselves on the service we provide and hiring friendly, customer service minded staff. We are fortunate to have such a centrally located hotel, as our guests can get to just about anywhere on foot. I will pass on your outstanding comments about the food during your conference to our Chef. We look forward to your next stay with us in Eugene. Thank you again for your feedback.

Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have stayed in the Eugene Hilton several times and have been happy with the rooms and the hotel in general. However, I am extremely unhappy with the management of the hotel because of their lack of concern for the safety of their guests and their vehicles. One issue is they charge fifteen dollars to park your car (they are the only hotel in the Eugene area who does this) at least half of the time the gates are left open so people who are not staying at the hotel can park for free. Then while they do have a security person roaming around this does not mean yourvehicle is safe. My vehicle, while parked in their garage, was broken into. Two windows were broken out causing $2500 in damage as well as personal items stolen. The alarm on the vehicle was set off however the security guard had no idea that this had happened. The management did NOTHING. Six months later, thinking this had to have been a fluke, my car had the back tire slashed while parked in their garage. Moral of the story, if you have a vehicle with you...........it;s not safe at this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the unfortunate experience you had in our garage. I assure you that vehicle incidents in our parking garage are an anomaly, and when brought to hotel management's attention are investigated thoroughly. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Standard Hilton room. Clean and comfortable. We didn't stay near the train so wasn't bothered by it. The staff is helpful and nice. There is also free morning coffee at the lobby.
We couldn't check in earlier on a Saturday morning at around 11 but they let us store our luggage in the lobby. The staff suggested us to go to the local Saturday market (5mins walk away from the hotel) and it was very fun!! There are food, produce, hand craft products. Recommended to check it out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that the staff is helpful and nice. Glad that you enjoyed the coffee in the lobby. The local farmers market is great fun, and literally right out our back doors. There is so much to do within walking distance from the hotel with all the restaurants and Hult center next door. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Eugene.

Phoenix, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was our third time at the Eugene Hilton and another great time! It is older but is clean! The staff is very helpful! We had reserved our room on Priceline and named our own price, did get a great deal! The Hilton is only a 30 - 40 minute walk to Autzen Stadium (2 hour walk after tailgating though lol).

Room Tip: book through priceline and name your own price. we have done it twice and got this hotel twice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you have stayed with us three times now and hope when retuning you will do so again. Sounds like you had a great time tailgating. We hope to see you next game.

Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Overall, this was a great hotel. The downtown location was awesome. The staff was friendly and polite. The hotel has been renovated recently. Or room was modern and clean, and pretty big. The bathroom was small, but worked well enough. The parking garage was really full at night. We had to park on the lower floor, and the elevator from that floor only went to the upper parking floor, then we had to get out to get into the hotel and take another set of elevators to get to the room. Not a huge deal, but a bit annoying with a baby and all of our stuff. We ordered room service for dinner and the food was awesome. Our major complaint was the train. It was SO loud. If I stay here again (which I would), I'd definitely want a room facing the other direction. I felt like I was in a scene from My Cousin Vinny.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that our downtown location is awesome and our staff is friendly and polite. The parking garage can get a bit full when we have large conventions in the hotel. I will pass on your kind comments about the room service food to our Chef. With the train running through the heart of Eugene the whistles can get loud, the next time you visit ask to be on the south side, which is a bit quieter. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to you visiting us again.

Salem, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I expected a little more from the hotel, since it was a Hitlon, but the staff made up for any shortcomings of the physical aspect of the hotel. I forgot my razor and shaving cream, called the front desk and within minutes has both delivered to me.

Front desk and staff were very friendly and accomodating to all my needs.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not care for the physical aspects of the hotel, our Owners are currently working on some renovation plans that will make some improvements in the guest rooms and public space. I am glad that the front desk was able to help you with your forgotten items in a timely manner, and accomodated your needs. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.