“Great stay, Nice location”
Review of Hilton Eugene

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Standard Hilton room. Clean and comfortable. We didn't stay near the train so wasn't bothered by it. The staff is helpful and nice. There is also free morning coffee at the lobby.
We couldn't check in earlier on a Saturday morning at around 11 but they let us store our luggage in the lobby. The staff suggested us to go to the local Saturday market (5mins walk away from the hotel) and it was very fun!! There are food, produce, hand craft products. Recommended to check it out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that the staff is helpful and nice. Glad that you enjoyed the coffee in the lobby. The local farmers market is great fun, and literally right out our back doors. There is so much to do within walking distance from the hotel with all the restaurants and Hult center next door. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Eugene.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was our third time at the Eugene Hilton and another great time! It is older but is clean! The staff is very helpful! We had reserved our room on Priceline and named our own price, did get a great deal! The Hilton is only a 30 - 40 minute walk to Autzen Stadium (2 hour walk after tailgating though lol).

Room Tip: book through priceline and name your own price. we have done it twice and got this hotel twice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you have stayed with us three times now and hope when retuning you will do so again. Sounds like you had a great time tailgating. We hope to see you next game.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Overall, this was a great hotel. The downtown location was awesome. The staff was friendly and polite. The hotel has been renovated recently. Or room was modern and clean, and pretty big. The bathroom was small, but worked well enough. The parking garage was really full at night. We had to park on the lower floor, and the elevator from that floor only went to the upper parking floor, then we had to get out to get into the hotel and take another set of elevators to get to the room. Not a huge deal, but a bit annoying with a baby and all of our stuff. We ordered room service for dinner and the food was awesome. Our major complaint was the train. It was SO loud. If I stay here again (which I would), I'd definitely want a room facing the other direction. I felt like I was in a scene from My Cousin Vinny.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I agree that our downtown location is awesome and our staff is friendly and polite. The parking garage can get a bit full when we have large conventions in the hotel. I will pass on your kind comments about the room service food to our Chef. With the train running through the heart of Eugene the whistles can get loud, the next time you visit ask to be on the south side, which is a bit quieter. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I expected a little more from the hotel, since it was a Hitlon, but the staff made up for any shortcomings of the physical aspect of the hotel. I forgot my razor and shaving cream, called the front desk and within minutes has both delivered to me.

Front desk and staff were very friendly and accomodating to all my needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not care for the physical aspects of the hotel, our Owners are currently working on some renovation plans that will make some improvements in the guest rooms and public space. I am glad that the front desk was able to help you with your forgotten items in a timely manner, and accomodated your needs. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very clean sufficient for what I needed and the staff was great. The bathroom is kind of small but again it was just fine for what I needed. I was here for a conference and at $99 per night special rate for the conference the value was perfect. If you are a person who likes to sleep-in, forget staying in downtown Eugene. The train comes right through downtown and blasts it's whistle numerous times. This is not something unique to the Hilton. It's just the way it is in Eugene. I was just here one night but come 5:30 AM be prepared for the wake up whistle. You might ask the staff if there is a quieter side to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I will let the Staff know that you thought they were great. Some people enjoy the old fashion feel of the train rolling through town, while others think the horns are annoying. This is why we provide ear plugs in the rooms and also do have sound machines available upon request. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit to the Eugene area.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

When we checked in we were greeted by super-friendly and helpful front desk staff were super friendly. The bathroom was a bit small but the room was immaculate. We received a couple generous comps which made me feel well-treated. The location is great and a running trail is just a few blocks away. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. I agree that we have some very friendly staff and I will pass on your kind words to them. You can't beat our location in the heart of the city and having running trails near by is a definate plus. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Eugene. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012