“As always Great!”

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 27, 2011

It was my Father's 90th Birthday. We picked the Hilton and we were gald we did. We had the ballroom on the top floor. Beautiful view of Skinners Butte. From start to finish the hotel was great. Food, drinks and staff could not have done a better job. There were a couple of problems but they fixed them in seconds. They allowed us to bring in a outside birthday cake. The catering department followed up with emails at every turn. We had reserved a suite for the "after party" party and they moved the food that was left over to our suite. I have stayed at this hotel many times, and will again. I have never been kept awake with the trains noise. The train track is 2-3 blocks away and the people who complian must have super man hearing. Eugene does not have alot of choices for a high end hotel, but Hilton fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Dear TRavlerbarry,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it provides.

I am very happy to see that everything went exceptionally well for your Father’s 90th birthday! It appears that he enjoyed a wonderful celebration. I will be sure to share your comments with our Catering team, I know they will be equally excited to hear them.

Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to take Great Care of you and your family again!

Jody Hall

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed at this Hilton because it was located close to my son's apartment in Eugene,
as we were in town for his graduation. Check in was friendly enough, but the room was
a little gloomy. The beds were too soft and we didn't sleep well. It's located near the train
station so you hear super loud train whistles all night. They even provide earplugs in the
rooms! Also, you have to pay for internet, parking and they charged us for the bottles of water
in the room that are usually complimentary. Overall, not a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Betrobets,
Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. I do appreciate the opportunity to improve our hotel and address your concerns.

I am very sorry that you found noise to be a concern during your stay. As the railroad tracks do run through the heart of Eugene the trains are indeed heard throughout the city. Most of our guests do not have a concern with this, but for those that do have a concern we do provide ear plugs and white noise machines are available upon request.

Our Hilton Serenity Beds are posturized for added support and feature a plush top for added comfort. Understanding the many different preferences that our guests may have we do keep on inventory some mattresses that have a firmer rating. Simply let your desk agent know at check in, or when you are making your reservation and we will do our very best to meet your request.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. Please know that I am available to discuss your recent stay and can be contacted through the hotel’s direct telephone number.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

After reading prior reviews, I made this reservation reluctantly. The hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. My flight into Portland had been delayed, so I ended up arriving too late to drive to Eugene, and I had to cancel my first night's reservation. Despite the fact that the hotel was booked to capacity (it was graduation at the University) and the online reservations would not let me cancel one night of a four night stay and keep my original rate, when I called the front desk, all was taken care of cheerfully. I then arrived very early the next morning, well before standard check-in, and Kim at the front desk had a room ready for me in less than one hour. The room was spacious and immaculate. The towels were lush and the plumbing worked just fine. As others have noted, there is a noisy train that passes through Eugene, but my room included a note about the conductor blowing the horn and earplugs for my use. I slept comfortably through the night without resorting to the earplugs. I had lunch once and breakfast twice in the dining room. The food was reasonably priced, well prepared, and service was attentive. As a Hilton Honors member, I got complimentary wireless in my room that worked very well, plus I took advantage of the wireless in the lobby when I was waiting for my room the day of my arrival. The hotel is within walking distance of Eugene's lovely riverfront park system and many excellent restaurants. Again, the staff was very helpful in providing maps and directions. Yes, the decor is older but the hotel is well-maintained and certainly not shabby in any way. A final note, parking was convenient in the garage on the lower level, and I thought the $10 daily fee was reasonable. Also, my room included a mini-frig. All in all, a very good stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear nycoburn,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel in Eugene. I greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided and I am very pleased to read that our hotel exceeded all of your expectations! I will be sure to compliment Kim and our front desk team for the quick efforts in taking care of your reservation concerns and for accommodating your room request early. I am also delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy many of our hotel amenities and our convenient downtown location as well as the benefits of being a Hilton Honors member.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We look forward to taking great care of you again in the future!

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Fight delayed and had to drive to Eugene from Portland. Arrived late, no room service or food service in this "fullservice" hotel after 11pm. It was 2am and I was starved and tired. Very freindly night staff offered local take out choices but I didn't want to wait. Lady at desk surprised me by offering to dig something up in the kitchen and came out with some yogurt, crackers and fruit - Yeah! Offered to pay, she said it was compliments of the house. Thought it was gonna be a good stay. But then I got to the room.

Noisy train all night, soggy mattress, stinky carpet. Yuck. This place needs a redo. the shower was lukewarm at best. In the morning, the over-priced breakfast was not stisfying and the coffee was gross considering Oregon is supposed to be a coffee-manic place.

Overall - I say, skip the Hilton and try someplace else. Sure the night staff was cool, but the service could not overcome the lackluster facility.

Room Tip: get a room on the away side from the train!!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ImaTraveler68
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

Dear ImaTraveler68,

Thank you for providing your recent review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and improve our hotel as a result. While I am very happy to see your positive review of our great staff and the service they provide, I am also very sorry that you did not find your guestroom to your liking.

Our housekeeping team takes great pride in the cleanliness of their guestrooms and continues to receive very high ratings from our guests that respond to our Hilton surveys. All of our guestroom carpets are cleaned on a consistent, regular schedule to ensure that they are maintained in top condition. I will be certain to share your review with the team and we will inspect all of our guestrooms to ensure that no carpet has been missed.

I apologize that you encountered only lukewarm water in your guestroom during your stay. We did not experience any hot water heater challenges over the dates of your stay, but I assure you I will also investigate this further with our maintenance department, as this could have been caused by a mechanical issue in the guestroom.

I am also sorry that you found the mattress too soft for you. With many different preferences for mattress firmness, it is difficult to meet every need. In an effort to address this challenge we do keep on inventory some mattresses that have a firmer rating. Simply let your desk agent know of your preference when checking in, or when you are making your reservation and we will do our very best to meet your request.

Again, I do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Please know that I am available to discuss your stay in person and can be contacted through the hotel’s direct telephone number.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed here recently with our son, his wife and their two children; two adjoining rooms. The shower in their bathroom did not drain, so they had to use the shower in our room. We called maintenance, but they didn't get around to fixing the problem until very late the night before we left. The online website lists the Skinners Restaurant, serving until 9 p.m., but when we arrived we were told it was only open for breakfast and special occasions, so we ended up having to eat dinner in the bar. The bed was so soft that we all ended up with backaches, and the train whistles all night long made it difficult to sleep anyway. We were in town for the Oregon State track finals and it was way too far to walk, so I don't think we'll stay here again - for many reasons.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear DavisSunflower,

Thank you for providing your recent review of our hotel. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I do apologize for the slow drain in your children’s guest room. We do perform preventative maintenance inspections on all of our guestrooms to address these areas, but unfortunately with plumbing unexpected challenges can occur. I assure you I will review our current inspections to ensure that all areas continue to be addressed.

Our beds are also carefully maintained with quarterly mattress rotations and inspections to ensure they are in top condition. As there are many different preferences for mattress firmness, it is a challenge to meet all needs. In an effort to overcome this challenge, we do keep on inventory some “firm” rated mattresses for guests that prefer this type of bed. Simply let your desk agent know when checking in, or notify us prior to arrival and we will do our very best to meet your request.

The hotel has two restaurants, Skinners Restaurant and Share Bistro. We always have at a minimum one of these restaurants available to our guests, and frequently both of them are available. Both restaurants feature full menus with items created from local and regional growers and producers.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. I am available to discuss your stay in person and can be contacted through the hotel’s direct telephone number.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I've stayed at this HIlton a number of times over the years. The hotel has been around for many years but has been updated/renovated and is in decent shape. The hotel does enjoy a good location downtown and adjacent ot the Hult Center. Moreover, the staff at this hotel are extraordinarily nice. So much for the positives.

I got less than four hours of sleep the night I stayed at the Eugene Hilton. The problem is noise. The major noise problem (and one management acknowledges by leaving a note in rooms along with two pair of earplugs) is due to freight and Amtrak trains that run on mainline tracks about a block away from the hotel. It really doesn't matter where your room is, the blaring of the trains' horns will throughout the day and into the evening will interrupt your sleep.

In addition, I was assigned a room with a connecting room door on each wall (2 connecting rooms). The guy on the one side of me enjoyed talking on his cell phone throughout the evening and I was kept awake by his conversations. Connecting room doors are notorious for allowing sound to pass from room to room and the problem was evdent at this property.

Similarly, noise from conversations of people in the hallway come directly into the room. Finally, I was entertained into the night and early in the morning by the sounds of flushing toilets.

If you absolutely must stay downtown, and you are tied to the Hilton family of hotels like I am, and if you are willing to risk having your sleep impacted by the noise described above, then my best advice is to try and get a room on the side of the hotel facing away from the train tracks.

A brand new Hilton Garden Inn is being finished over in Springfield and the drive from this new HGI to the Eugene downtown core (or any of the major UO venues) is less than 10 minutes. I don't plan to stay at tthis Hilton again, but instead plan to use the new HGI when it opens in August. Based on the noise problems detailed above, I simply cannot recommend this Hilton to you. Try the new HGI instead.

Room Tip: Call the front desk the day of your arrival
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear Flying_Lawyer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate the opportunity your feedback provides to us. I am glad to see that you find our staff extraordinarily nice. I am also pleased to see you enjoy or great location in downtown Eugene.

On the other hand, I am very sorry that you found noise to be a concern during this stay. As the railroad tracks do run through the heart of Eugene the trains are indeed heard throughout the city. Most of our guests do not have a concern with this, but for those that do we make every effort to place them in a guestroom on the south side of the hotel. Our hotel does have several connecting and non-connecting rooms as there is frequent demand for this option. Please know in the future if a connecting room is not desirable to you we will always make every effort to place you in a non-connecting room. Simply advise the guest service agent at check in and they will be very happy to assist you.

Again, I do thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I am always available to discuss this or any previous stay and can be easily reached through our hotel's direct telephone number.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

We chose to stay at the Eugene Hilton due to its location next to the Hult Center, where we were attending a performance. This is an ideal hotel for out of towners attending events at the center. Park your car and forget it. You are easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping as well. The hotel itself was very clean and updated. This is an older hotel, which you immediately notice with the tight hallways, but the room was very good. Our room faced north, along 6th street. It is very busy but being on the 5th floor, we did not notice the traffic noise. On the morning we were to leave, downtown Eugene lost power for two hours. No elevators. The staff came up and helped us with carry bags down to the lobby and helped retrieve the car from the dark parking garage. The negatives on this hotel are the $10/day parking fee, the $9.95/day WiFi fee and a shower control that could not maintain contant temperature. Everytime someone flushed, our shower went to scalding hot. The WiFi fee was waived due to a "promotion" but it still amazing me that I would have to pay these fees at a $200/night hotel in Eugene, ergo I give this place a low value rating. We did not eat here but stopped into the bar after the show. Good service but high priced drinks.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sage102

Dear sage102,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our downtown location provided you with great convenience.

I do apologize for the shower control in your guestroom. Our property maintenance team does a preventative maintenance check in every guestroom with great frequency. I will instruct them to ensure they are paying close attention to the shower controls and mixing valves to prevent this from happening.

For future stays, we do have several stay packages that include parking and internet in the daily rate. these are terrific packages that offer a great value.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. We look forward to taking great care of you again in the future. Please know that I am always available to discuss your stay with us and can be reached through the hotel's direct telephone number.