“It's a group thing - and don't go for sushi.”
Review of Kabukis - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place works when you have a group and you're doing the whole teppanyaki thing. We just wanted to go in and have some sushi and conversation. The sushi list is short, and the service was ridiculously slow. And it was so loud in there the conversation part didn't work out. I could forgive all this if the sushi was phenomenal, but alas, it wasn't. This place is fine as long as you know what you're in for.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The owner is awesome. Food is almost always perfect. There is only one chef I don't like. They cook right in front of you, so it is a lot of fun. So much better than the original in Eugene, Soji's. It really is so good. I highly recommend the ginger sauce!! Both salad and soup are great. Drinks are good. Sushi is usually slow, so I would recommend ordering it quick. One waitress I'm not a fan of. Huge portions of rice and veggies.

1  Thank Katelyn M
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I just returned from my first visit it Kubukis to celebrate my friends 50th birthday. We were in a group of 17 and our ages ranged from 6 to 75. The wife of the birthday boy had made reservation well in advance and had asked for two tables to face each other (with the cooking stations inbetween so we could visit). After a 45 minute wait due the the fact that they had two people still sitting at one of our two tables we needed, we were finally seated. They didn't even offer to comp the birthday boy a drink or an appetizer. Most people ordered the tappan style dinners ranging from steak, chicken, scallops, or shrimp. One family ordered the sushi. Everyone really like their food. I had the dinner salad with the traditional giner dressing. My husband was happy that they had other salad dressings to choose from besides that (we have been to Japanese restaurants before and that is all you get).

Food was good, I would go back, but they didn't seem to be too concerned about customer service in regards to the reservation issue.

2  Thank dietcoke22
Reviewed October 9, 2009

this place has it all!!!! the show the food the service there is no place better in the lane county area to eat!!!!! my husband and i eat here when ever we go out only place we eat out for fun, romance, casual dinning or fancy!!!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2009

I have been to Kabukis many times. Always great service and an awesome show. Even if I go and don't want to sit with other people the lounge is quiet and the server is always pleasant. A great place for kids too! Huge portions and very yummy sauces. Definitely a winner!