“Best Steak in Town”
Review of Sixth Street Grill

Sixth Street Grill
Ranked #43 of 660 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 6th Street Grill has a relaxed Gastro Pub environment with amazing entrees and professional service. Signature burgers, incredible entrees and salads which complement their hand crafted cocktails and 18 local beers on tap and sporting events. 6th Street Grill – doing it right; local ingredients, made from scratch, hand cut steaks; in the heart of the Arts and Entertainment District. Parking in back and five levels across the street. Fresh. Local. Gastro. 6th Street Grill.
Reviewed February 4, 2017

The place was packed when we arrived because there was a show that evening at the Hult Center. There was a little bit of a wait to get a table (about 15 minutes), as the start time of the show arrived, the restaurant cleared out and it was worth the wait. The staff was apologetic for the wait. We didn't mind waiting. Seeing everyone there before a show, gave us the impression we were going to enjoy it. The service was amazing! They wanted to make sure we had a great experience. The food was delicious! I had the NY steak with chimichurri, sautéed kale with bacon and some type of delicious potato. The chimichurri was good, I preferred the steak flavor without it. Delicious dinner. I let them know I was gluten & dairy free and they made sure my dinner was, too. The blackberry lemon drop was fabulous. Looking forward to my next visit.

Sixth S, Manager at Sixth Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Thanks so much for all the compliments and your patience! We always try to make sure that we tailor our menu to allow for our guests needs. Will definitely be sure to share with the servers and the kitchen staff all of your comments. Hope you have a great rest of the week! Cheers!

Reviewed February 1, 2017

The Sixth Street Grill has the best Burger and Brew deal in town on Tuesdays, all day long. You get any of their sandwiches and a beer for $10. Subsequent pints of beer are only $2. The Sixth Street burger has it all. It is usually not too crowded and the staff is friendly and attentive. Parking is free behind the building.

Thanks so much for the review! Our original Burger-n-Brew was started over 17 years ago and has been going strong ever since. We've tweaked it a few times but have kept true to the core idea. Here in the next few weeks, we've got a new part added so we look forward to your feedback. Should be towards the end of February. Hope you have a great week! Cheers!

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

Only one person working in the bar and the main restaurant was closed so our server had to make everyone's drinks and run the food out. She did great but we felt sorry for her. The crab cakes were delicious and so was the beer cheese soup but the nachos were not.

Thanks so much for the feedback. That day we had two people out sick so Lauren was handling things on her own. So glad to hear that she did such an amazing job! We will be sure to let the kitchen know about the nachos needing fixing and that you enjoyed the crab cakes and beer cheese soup.

Reviewed January 19, 2017

My family and I were seeing a show that was being held at the Hult center at 8pm. So we made reservations for 6:15pm. We were seated on time and ordered our food at a reasonable time. We were waiting till 7:30pm and our waiter came out to us and said our food would be ready in 15 minutes so we waited till 7:55pm and the waiter told us they had not even started making our food. We left our name and number for the owner to call us, since apparently there was no manager available, so we could explain our disappointment after waiting for two days we called and owner recently "stepped out" so I left a message again. Sad to say this is not the first time I have had bad service at this restaurant.

2  Thank dunemaster87
Reviewed January 19, 2017

It was a family outing for dinner for (6) and then off to the Hult Center for a comedy show.
We had reservations at 6:15 and arrived on time and were seated. We ordered drinks and then ordered dinner. 7:20 and we still had not received our dinner. We told the waiter that we had show reservations at 8:00. He said that our dinner would be out in 10-15 minutes. We have (2) people in our party that are diabetics. Because we knew we would be short on time, both diabetics took their medication in anticipation of our meal being there in the time frame we were told. Finally at 7:55 we were told that our meal would not be ready. Really!!! We asked for at least crackers or something for the people who had taken medication and were given 6 packs of crackers and (2) small salads for them. That was by a waiter that was actually trying to help us. Needless to say, it was a very awkward and scary situation that we were put in. We asked to speak to a manager and were told that there was not one on site. We were told that there was another table that was seated before us and the people in the bar area were keeping them busy. WE HAD RESERVATIONS- the people in the bar were walk-ins!!! We also noticed one other couple who were as upset as we were and left with a meal in a to go box. Other people that came in after us had their meals. By the time we left, the restaurant was almost empty. I have read quite a few complaints about your service and food on the restaurant side. Seems you cater to the bar side. Maybe you should close the restaurant side down before your reputation gets worse than it already is.
I left my name and have called and left messages twice to speak to the manager. Have not heard from anyone. Other people in the party have also called to speak to the manager and have been ignored. As I said, the worst experience any of us has every had in a restaurant. We are not hesitating to tell everyone we know about this.

1  Thank chris3506866
Sixth S, Manager at Sixth Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

On behalf of the 6th Street Grill I’d like to personally apologize for the experience you had with us. It is unacceptable and should have never happened. We recently made changes and brought on new staff to correct this. If there’s any way I can make this up to you please write me back at the6thstreetgrill@gmail.com. I'd be more than happy to have you dine with us free of charge and try to win you over. Drastic changes have been made since I've taken over including a new menu. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your frustration is completely valid and I would understand if you decided not to give us another shot. However if you do, I would love to show you what we've changed into in a short amount of time. Thank you.