“Best steak in Eugene”
Review of Sixth Street Grill

Sixth Street Grill
Ranked #44 of 672 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 6th Street Grill has a relaxed Gastro Pub environment with amazing entrees and professional service. Signature burgers, incredible entrees and salads which complement their hand crafted cocktails and 18 local beers on tap and sporting events. 6th Street Grill – doing it right; local ingredients, made from scratch, hand cut steaks; in the heart of the Arts and Entertainment District. Parking in back and five levels across the street. Fresh. Local. Gastro. 6th Street Grill.
Reviewed December 17, 2016 via mobile

The best place for steak in Eugene. Being from Chicago area I find Pacific Northwest steak dismal.....except for here! The best steak by far I've had in the ten years here in town. ( I love all the other foods, just not the steaks that Oregon offers ). So this is where we went last night. Make reservations and allow for timing if you are going to the Hult. Sixth Street gets jammed on Hult theatre nights. We came in at 6 pm for a 7.30 Hult event. Told the staff. Ate the food. Made it to theatre timely. Friendly staff. Great manager. See you again soon 6th Street! This place offers a combination of good food and a decent bar with gracious staff.

2  Thank beachgods

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Seems to be hit and miss on drinks and eats. Friendly people, decent location. Good place to meet up with friends and watch a game at the bar over a few brews but not a pace that you would frequent for meals. Have had several breakfasts with bloody Mary's and it is always a hit and miss issue, never really consistently good. The place is convenient but it could do much better-I'm referencing the bar side not the restaurant side.

Sixth S, Manager at Sixth Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

Dear JG H,
Thank you for for the review. We are always striving to do better so your feedback is very much appreciated. Is it specifically the Bloody Mary? Also, if you have time, would you send a message back and let us know what you have been ordering? We want to address these issues as soon as possible so our kitchen staff knows exactly what to focus on. Hope you have a great weekend and look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

It took 2 and 1/2 hours to have dinner last night. The wait staff kept apologizing because they were short staffed. I have celiac disease and ordered something on the menu that was marked as having a gluten free option. After over an hour of waiting, the waitress came back and said they couldn't do a Philly Steak sandwich on a gluten free bun. So, I just had her nix the bun. Then 10 minutes later she came back and said they couldn't do that. So, I cancelled my order. Then another wait and when she brought out my friends food, there was my sandwich on a gluten free bun.

Because a friend had to leave, the waitress brought our tickets before our food arrived. I was surprised to see a charge of $5.95 for asparagus on my ticket. As I have a food allergy and I couldn't do the regular sides, I was surprised to see such a high charge for a substitution. My other friends were also charged extra for their sides without being informed. And I didn't receive the asparagus I requested but broccoli rabe and undercooked carrots.

The ladies at a table next to ours where there and experienced the same slow service. Although since they ordered a three course meal, they had been receiving food throughout the evening and when their entrees came 2 and 1/2 hours later they complained to the manager who comped their meals and they took their entrees home in a box. I told the manager about our similar experience and he just walked away.

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and the food is good. The wait for a table is lengthy if the Hult Center has a show on. Despite this, this is a convenient and reliable place to eat before a show.

Tonight I enjoyed the Steak Cobb. I ordered extra steak because most restaurants don't put enough on a salad advertising this feature. I was glad I did. The salad was excellent and so was the steak. The add on bread was disgusting and unnecessary. I had to ask for an appropriate amount of salad dressing.

The restaurant is a bit disorganized since it is a sports pub grill on one side and a sit down restaurant on the other side. Your dining experience will be different depending upon where you are seated.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

Located a few blocks from the Fifth Street Public Market, and across the river from the University of Oregon campus, this sports bar provides great pub food. A full bar, with a talented bartender, lots of televisions tuned to every sport available, large tables and booths, and friendly waitstaff, you'll enjoy the experience. Off-street parking is available, however, ample parking exists a block away.

Sixth S, Manager at Sixth Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Dear TopChef7!
Thank you for the review and the wonderful description you wrote! We have been working diligently to continue to provide a consistent experience for all of our guests whether they are on the bar side or the restaurant side. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!