“Friendly neighborhood bar & grill”
Review of Sixth Street Grill

Sixth Street Grill
Ranked #45 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 6th Street Grill has a relaxed Gastro Pub environment with amazing entrees and professional service. Signature burgers, incredible entrees and salads which complement their hand crafted cocktails and 18 local beers on tap and sporting events. 6th Street Grill – doing it right; local ingredients, made from scratch, hand cut steaks; in the heart of the Arts and Entertainment District. Parking in back and five levels across the street. Fresh. Local. Gastro. 6th Street Grill.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a tasty lunch here one of the days I was in Eugene. Crabmeat sandwich melt & tomato basil soup. Very tasty! Then had a wonderful steak dinner with a bottle of wine withfriends on another evening.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We hadn't been here in a long time and thought we're try it out. I ordered a cocktail and asked our waitress what the ratio of booze to mix was. She said that each drink had one ounce of liquor. It had been a hard day, so I also ordered a shot on the side. The drink was a lemonaide-sort-of-thing; nothing special. I also ordered their Bistro Steak salad, which was nothing short of wonderful. It had plenty of steak placed on a bed of spring mix tossed in a house garlic basil vinaigrette topped with sauteed onions, blue cheese crumbles & grape tomatoes.

Service, considering there were very few people around, was slow and spotty. Food was good, though. We didn't finish our meals and asked to take the remainders with us. My lovely $14.95 salad, of which I ate maybe 1/3 of, was returned to me crammed into a to-go container that was sized for...what?...a side dish? On top of that, we were charged the price of another cocktail (which supposedly contained one shot anyway) for a no-name vodka shot. As a customer, I would have appreciated my server telling that me in advance. A good server would have done so; it's happened in other better-service locations and I tip accordinly. They also wouldn't have crammed a lovely, lightly-eaten food dish into a too small container. There's lots of other places to eat in Eugene and I would not recommend the Sixth Street Grill.

1  Thank J B
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We always come to the Sixth Street Grill for breakfast after Oregon football games. But my son and I elected to go there after an afternoon basketball game. Big mistake. Ate in the dining room. Our server obviously did not want to be there that night. Cocktails were poorly prepared. New York steak would not have been a value even if they charged $5. My chipotle salad was decent but otherwise it was a total waste of time and money. Back to breakfast, which we like a lot.

1  Thank larkinjl
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Grill over the last year has changed their lunch offerings to a more limited menu. The prices have not changed, but the portions have seemed to become smaller. This used to be my favorite downtown lunch spot, but with the menu changes and inconsistant service I think I will be searching for a new spot. Other reviews have talked about the Bar and dinner offerings which may be better. I have not been there for dinner so I could not offer an opinion.

2  Thank luv2go2
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The bar is a fun and happening place - and you can get food there. The restaurant is an upscale version of pub fare. They used to have (and may still have) a Tuesday night burger and brew special that was tasty and a great value.