“Matzo Ball Delight!”

Add it.
Barry's Espresso Bakery and Deli
Ranked #199 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not a lot of choices for Jewish Deli food in Eugene, or Oregon all together, but this place is spectacular! Some of the best Matzo Ball soup I have ever had, and I've tasted many from LA to NY. Their Chocolate Ruggulach is to die for! Missed not having bagels for my Lox, but their Challah rolls do the trick. What a great find, worth the drive alone from Ashland.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We love Barry, his breakfasts and his baked goods. I have known him since he started in Eugene. He has just kept expanding, broadening his offerings and keeping his excellence. Viva, Barry

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My favorite. Fresh baked goods, taste like home made. Lots of New York style bagel combos, pastries, good soups, sandwiches with home made breads, great coffee, always personable people serving.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The charm of Barry's, for me. Is that they serve real Jewish deli and bakery treats. You can get a kosher dog or pastrami or bialy or hamentashen. The challah is sweet but very good. If you know what I am talking about, you will understand what makes Barry's so special.

But even if you don't care about Jewish deli food, you will find remarkably good soups ( including vegetarian option), enormous & tasty sandwiches, a case full of sinfully good pastries. The coffee is good, not great, but with a piece of coffee cake or a cookie that doesn't matter!

I have always found the staff pleasant, but I mostly visit the Southtown store. It is always clean and comfortable, nothing special about the atmosphere. You see everyone from moms with toddlers to high school students to seniors here and all seem comfortable.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were amazed at the huge size of our sandwiches which we had ordered on their delicious challah bread, since that is rather a rare option. (There are many other bread choices too.) Our sandwiches were great, as were the hot chocolates we ordered. And notwithstanding others on this website who complained about the staff, we found the several people we interacted with there to be really upbeat, friendly and welcoming to us out of towners. The shop is just around the corner from the Duck Store so it is quite convenient. It is nothing fancy at all, a bit of a dive in fact, but comfortable and cozy on a rainy day. We will definitely return when we are in Eugene again to visit our son at the University.