“It's all about selection”
Review of The Bier Stein

The Bier Stein
Ranked #8 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We came across this place while on a stroll around the area of our motel on Broadway. This is a lively pub full of a diverse group of people. This place advertises some 1000 beers on site and they don't disappoint! Great selection, fun atmosphere and reasonably priced.

We didn't eat there, just went for some beers.

1  Thank McInMe

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I am a local who knows. Sort of. Actually, I have kids and don't get out much. But last week needed to get out for a bit and craved something out of the norm. They have bier on tap from all over the world, including Eugene probably. Microbrews seem to be all about making 6%+ alcohol hopped-up biers. After visiting Germany a few years I ago tuned up on the fact that bier can be good and not fill you up after one or two.

They had at least 5 beers that were what I consider "session bier"; less than 5% abv and lighter bodies. We sat at the bar schmoozing with other patrons and the very friendly staff. The place was packed, which is why I don't go more often.

1  Thank RandyEugene
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We just went here for drinks, but I think they did have some food, probably a limited bar food type menu. They had about 10-15 beers on draft that vary monthly, and thousands of bottles! I had gotten my boyfriend a beer of the month membership with a lot of rare brews, and we found many of them here.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

So-so food, very informal level of service . . . but a simply incredible selection of beer--one of the best in the world, focusing on the West coast but including a great selection from Belgium and other great beer brewing areas.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

This place is AWESOME! I can't believe there isn't a Bier Stein in every city. This place has coolers lining the walls just filled with different beers from all over the US and the world! It may seem a little overwhelming, but have no fear because the staff is there to help. You can try samples of the rotating beers on tap or give a short description of what you know you like, and they'll point you in the right direction. If you already love beers or are just learning the differences, this is a fantastic place to develop your palate! The menu is pretty good too- their beer cheese soup is the best in Eugene. Seriously, check this place out- you'll be so glad you did.