“Barbecue and Sweet Tea”

Papa's Soul Food Kitchen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Our son took us here our very first night in Eugene. I think to show us there was something of the South way up here in Oregon. I had the barbecue chicken, which had a nice smokey flavor, and they have real sweet tea, not that stuff that comes out of a can. Generous portions and good sides to select from. I had the potato salad and it had bits of celery in it. My husband had the fried chicken and it came with 3 good sized pieces. It was tasty, but just a little dry. My son had the barbecue brisket, it was served with a sweet and slightly tangy, red barbecue sauce. I heard their bread pudding was outstanding from my son, but we were too full to try it.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I am not southern but the person I was with is . Great place with as home as you can get. Great service great food . I had the Mac , corn bread and catfish . Very good !!! We all had a great time and meal . We got in early and my guess there is a long wait every day !

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is real find! The place is a very relaxed down to earth atmosphere. The drinks are delicious and served in fun mason jars. The food is the real deal...black eyed peas and fried okra. Yum! I had the pulled pork and the portions are very generous. Almost enough for two but we ate everything on the plate and still had room (barely) for their grand finale homemade bread pudding with Caramel or bourbon sauce. Definitely on my "gotta return" list.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

it's a great BBQ soul food restaurant all around. with reasonable pricing. i had the fried chicken dinner with two sides cole slaw & baked bean's it was all good & tasty.! i went there again last night to eat and have a BBQ rib sandwich and the place was jam packed, people waiting out side to get in.! i have no dislikes

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The food is excellent. Don't be afraid of the area or the looks. I recommend sitting in the patio if it is not raining. They serve most southern classics. We tried the chicken, brisket and hot links. All were great! The servers were very friendly.