“Awesome Food”

Ranked #20 of 626 Restaurants in Eugene
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I would go broke living close to a place like this because I would be eating there every night. All of my favorite items and items new to me like the Soft Shell Crab sandwich that was delicious. The Snapper was also very tasty. I had leftovers that made for a great breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Papa's Soul Food Kitchen

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here a few times and its always been great. Rhonda was our server today and she did a great job. Drinks were never empty, and food was delivered quickly. Food quality is amazing, especially for the price.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've had great BBQ in New Orleans, but Papa's in Eugene really brought out my southern drawl, y'all. We were seated on the outside patio which is a little quieter and the early warm weather was a pleasant surprise. My daughter ordered the brisket with sides of mac n' cheese and baked beans. I had the ribs with mustard greens and red beans n' rice. The brisket was the most tender and succulent I've ever tasted - ever. The ribs were great, too. Everything was delicious, service was great, atmosphere is totally hip and fun. A blues duo of stand up bass and saxophone were the perfect complement to a great meal.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Being born and raised in the South, yeah this isn't it. We had reservations for 30 people, our party was split up, some outside and some inside at different tables. The food, not what this southern belle is used to and I know good soul food. All in all the place was crowded, hot, flies and attention to detail by wait staff was less than I'd expect. This could have been a great crowd pleaser if everybody was set together, order taken the same time but we had people who were already leaving after dinner and some of the party hadn't even been served yet. The bar across the street had several drunks talking loud, bumming cigarettes from those in our party. Parking is on the street, good luck with finding that space. You'll have to park across the street at the bar, don't forget to lock your car and check on it every 20 minutes or so.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

we've been to Papa's twice with Eugene friends and I loved the fried chicken the first time and I did not like the ribs the second time. Others had waffles and chicken and this dish got high marks. I admit to some surprise that the ribs weren't better as that seems like a foundational menu item at a soul food place. One of our friends agreed that the ribs were not the best. Next time, I'll get the chicken again as it was excellent. I felt the prices were very reasonable and the wait staff was friendly and quick both times. We sat outside on both our visits and that was nice. I'd be happy to go there again.

1  Thank Roadtrip E