“you wont even believe it”

Blue Sky Whitewater Rafting
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In the middle of June 2013 my 15 year old son and i were in the middle of a month long 7 city back back trip across the US. When we got to Portland it was 97 degrees. (PORTLAND.... 97 DEGREES??????) and our lodging at a hostile had no air conditioning. We NEEDED to get out of the city. Since we were backpacking, obviously we had no car. I thought i would take a chance and call a whitewater outfitter to see if they might have a shuttle service to their outpost. I didn't really expect any result because nobody does this, but i thought "give it a try"

And as i expected Blue Sky offered no such service.... BUT..... i got this wonderful girl on the phone named Lora, let me rephrase " Saint Lora". St. Lora said "I have an idea, we have a guide named John who lives in Portland, maybe he could pick you guys up on his way in" She worked on it all day and i got a call that afternoon telling me that it was all worked out and to expect John our guide to pick us up at the front door of our hostel.

John was an excellent guide, friendly and knowledgeable. I have rafted the New and the Gauley rivers in WV and the Chatooga and the Ocoee in TN. so i know a little about rafting and rafting guides. Blue Sky gave us a wonderful full day trip with an excellent hot BBQ lunch. which was something else amazing because when rafting i am used to a tofu salad and some hummus on a cracker for lunch.

The folks at Blue Sky made my trip to Portland and restored my faith in humanity with service way, way, above and beyond. This sort of thing is unheard of these days at least in my experience. It is so easy for someone to just say "no we don't do that, sorry i cant help you" Not Blue Sky. they make it happen.

Thanks Blue Sky

"adventure"
in 5 reviews
"portland"

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having only been to a white water facility back in Wales, I couldn't pass up on this opportunity to go rafting on Oregon. I went on the full day Clackamas River trip and very impressed! The guide was extremely well experienced, knowledgeable of not only the river but also the local surroundings. Even in July I would highly recommend wearing a wetsuit as the water is cold but a lot of fun to play in. Plus if you are on the full day you can take it off at lunch. Lunch was a pleasant surprise and we were very well feed. The first half of the day really lets you soak in the beauty of your surroundings. The rapids really kick in during the second half of the day and after the morning I really started to get my balance and a feel for the river. The grade III rapids were awesome and given me a hunger for more! Thanks for a fun and memorable day.

2  Thank ThereForTheTaking
Reviewed June 29, 2013

6 of us went on the Clakamas River full day excursion and it was awesome, predominantly due to our guide, Dan. He did an amazing job corralling 5 newbies and made sure we had a great time. The weather was perfect, the lunch was filling (steak and chicken BBQ buffet!), the waters were warm (enough) and Dan just made our experience that much more fun!

I would recommend this place and come back again in a heartbeat and I know that my family would do the same.

2  Thank Jasmine D
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was our first rafting experience.

Navigation:
We were a group of four and chose morning half day trip on the labor day weekend. The maps link in the confirmation email ends about 6 miles before the actual pickup point. So keep driving ahead until u see the promontory park on the right. The pick point is towards the the left side about 2 miles from park. The pick up point is not as big as football ground as claimed in email, but is big enough to not miss it. We reached 10 mins late. But the company folks didn't rush. Infact they waited till 10.00 am for everyone to arrive.

Experience:
Half a day rafting takes abt 2 - 2 1/2 hrs stretching about 4 miles with 4 -5 good rapid spots.
This is intermediate level. So there is a chance of falling into the water. In fact all 4 of us feel into water in one of the rapids. Attention to customers and their needs were excellent. We would like to thank "Blue Sky" for such an awesome experience. But special thanks to our guide Jessie for those exciting rides.

2  Thank Santosh B