“Good stop for lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Good stop for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had BLTs with avocado on homemade sourdough bread. They were great. The cole slaw and pasta salad were not that good, but the sandwiches made up for that. Friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Kent, Washington
“Great food & value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped here on our way out of town, after driving up to Wallowa Lake to watch the sunrise. We'd spotted the bakery from our hotel, and thought we'd have breakfast on the road this morning. Glad we did! We bought two large coffees and two huge round pastries with swirled maple and chocolate icing, topped with nuts. As I paid the bill ($5.20) and walked out, I was thinking "What planet are we on?" The coffee was good, the pastries were to die for. Back home, we'd pay twice as much and the food wouldn't be nearly as good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Enterprise, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great doughnuts!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Bakery makes their own pastries and bread. Sandwiches are very tasty. I love the apple fritters. They make good homemade soup.

Visited December 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Looked more promising from the outside.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Cloud 9 on our way home from Wallowa Lake for breakfast because we wanted a hearty, take-your-time breakfast before heading out. The outside looked promising: cute sign advertising sandwiches, breakfast, etc., and so far everything else in Enterprise was a chain: Subway, etc. We walked in to a case with a few pasteries, an empty wall where it looked like a menu used to go, and a tired-looking cashier. Where I was looking for an omlette, I found doughnuts the size of my head.

My husband was delighted; I was disappointed. However, the bran muffin I got was very filling and my husband's giant doughnut was really tasty as well. The coffee was hot, and the tired cashier turned out to be friendly. As we sat down, I warmed up to the place. It was a mom and pop kind of joint with little quirky things that became endearing; i.e., the paper plates for eat-in orders too. As we listened, we heard the locals in what had to have been the same seat they sit in every day, talking about little things. It still wasn't what I wanted, but it sufficed. I am curious to know if there are diners like what I was looking for in Enterprise...

Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“white bread and donuts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you want the above, then go to Cloud 9. It appeals to people that don't want whole grains or interesting baked goods. It's like a bakery in the midwest in 1960, need I say more.