“Owners Very Unproefesional”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eagle Point
Medford Oaks RV Park
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Owners Very Unproefesional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

First of all go to check in to an rv park that has full hookup,fishing pond,showers,
#1 the park is a run down dive that only has grass that you can enjoy close to the front office. Every where else is full of stickers and goat heads.
#2 We were told you have full hook up (Full Hook up consists of electric and water) no sewer hook ups they come around with a pump wagon of crap that you get to smell while you are trying to enjoy a meal. no cable for tv.
#3 They say the have a nice fishing pond "Catch and release" well that is because the only thing you catch is moss...nothing but moss.
#4 I have never been to a Rv Parks with so many signs that say Do Not. form do not move pool chairs.. Really the sun moves people like to sit in the sun, A nasty little notes written in permanent marker all over things. (Really people show a little class)
#5 The Owner or lady that says she is the owner is a flat out lies. She told my son they were out of Ice. With the eyes is my head witnessed the delivery of Ice that afternoon. She was just to lazy to walk around the corner and unlock the freezer to get him a bag. Then when confronted, she calls you White Trash. (of course this would upset the person renting one of her dump spaces) So then words start from both parties . Then when the renter being myself states that if she is going to be that way refund my money and I would be happy to leave. Then "The Owner states that She say your Fat [--] in her pool so you were going to pay.. Mind you "My Fat [--] was NOT in her pool". I proceeded to tell "Owner" that I would post a few reviews on different area of internet. "Owner then states I have your credit card, address and phone number so you better watch it..(really lady that is a threat... not cool). So I go back to camp sited. Then she shows up saying she is calling the "Jackson County Sheriff" and we need to get out. Mind you it is like 8:30 pm by now, My son his wife , 4 year old daughter and 8 month old infant son are in a tent camping with us. This lady has class.. She charges us $30.00 day use fee. We don't argue pack up our stuff and come home.. Thankful we live about a hour away..

STAY ANYWHERE BUT THIS PLACE

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Linda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Eugene, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a peaceful relaxing park. We enjoy watching the woodpeckers, ducks, and turkeys in this nice oak tree setting. We will go back again. Staff was friendly. There is a nice pond. The sites aren't all level and might be a little tricky with a large rig due to the trees but we've enjoyed our visits here. We camped in a 28 foot fifth wheel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DirtTracker
Eagle Point, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My Family and I stayed at this park at the end of July, what a beautiful place and so quite. there was a family reunion going on and lots of people in the park. but dispite the people it seemed tranquil and peaceful. the restrooms were super clean, and the 24 hour laundry was nice to have.
the pool was wonderful, there were a few rowdy mouthy kids but they were dealt with very quickly and ended up having to leave the pool area. I was not the only one thankful that they were asked to leave. I really liked walking down by the pond and my Husband enjoyed catching the bass, catch and release. the sites are fair sized and mostly level, close to the lakes and town, close to all of the "things to do" in southern Oregon rafting, Crater Lake, Ashland. Places you can go and things to do in under an hour's drive. Can't wait until next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mikeandbren1989
North Coast, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at this RV park from August 31-Septemeber 2 of this year and found it to be very disappointing. Our RV site was about 40 feet from the playground area and when I took my daughter over to it as soon as we got there we both immediately noticed a horrible disgusting stench. I was shocked when I realized it was coming from a dumpster about 15 feet from the play area. It was overflowing with garbage so bad that the lids couldn't even close because the trash had piled up so high. I could only guess that it hadn't been dumped in weeks.

Once my daughter and I entered the playground I also noticed accumulations of trash scattered about underneath the equipment. I was mortified that this park was so badly maintained because it is actually situated in a very lovely location with plenty of trees and a beautiful big pond. It is truly a picturesque place if you don't notice the trash.

They also offered free wifi at the park as well, and I can honestly say that dialup would have been faster and more reliable. :\

The pool as beautiful as it is was, was not maintained at a reasonable temperature to really enjoy it. Other campers felt exactly as we did, that it was freezing and not fun at all.

Why offer amenities if you aren't going to make them usable? It's so ridiculous to me.

My family and I will not be back and will strongly advise anyone that may be looking for a nice RV campground in the Southern Oregon area to keep looking and not give Medford Oaks the slightest consideration, it's not worth it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank RSarina

Travelers are raving about these Eagle Point hotels

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

The sites are not very big and not level. If you have slide outs and an awning, good luck on getting them out.
If you want to use the showers they are coin operated, very dissapointing. The pool had all kinds of leaves in it and the slide was not usable, the rec room was locked and not accessible.
Don't plan on having guests out unless they want to pay $4.00 a head and walk from the front of the park, from the quest designated parking, unbelievable! We had intended on haveing our grand parents come out for a dinner, but with their age and health walking that far was out of the question, and the fee was a joke.
We will not be back, Their website is deceiving, it does not mention the pay showers or the quest charge, and the pictures are not a true image of what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Sheila S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

This park had lots of trees, it was in a quiet area and a very nice pond with ducks. There is also a pool. Showers were clean and the price was o.k. if you don't spend forever in there. Camped close to the pond and it was very pretty! Would go back again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Lisa999999
La Pine, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I work on the highway all over the west coast and was lucky enough to find this gem of an RV park. Medford Oaks is located in the oaks outside White City, Oregon on highway 140. The mature oaks provide some shade but can make opening the awning difficult due to clearance issues.

The owners have spent lots of time making this a very family friendly park. There is a nice park with play structures, a large pond stocked with bass and bluegill, a solar heated pool with slide (can be cold on a cloudy day, but my daughter LOVED it anyway), lots of walking trails, basketball courts (the owners will loan out sports equipment), and wide open grassy areas. There is a laundromat, and a surprisingly well stocked store. The wifi can be a little touchy, but works well most of the time.

West on HWY 140 are some gorgeous high mountain lakes and recreation areas and the proximity of MORV Park puts them at the front step. I loved how close I was to the mountains. It is also a bit cooler in the summer so the AC doesn't need to run 24hrs a day ( last year there were 24 day straight that hit over 100 degrees...HOT!).

There is a policy in effect that will not allow old and ugly RVs. During the summer months, large groups of RV'rs use the park and it can be really interesting to meet the neighbors. I had a million plus dollar Monaco Coach one day and a custom Peterbuilt toyhauler the next. Enthusiasts from all over North America.

The park is pet friendly and there are pet walking areas. Just clean-up the landmines!

Although MORV Park is right next to the highway, a small hill blocks most of the noise. Overall very clean, safe, and quiet. A very nice stop for the weary family.

The rates are comparable with other parks in the area at $28 per night, but nicer than any other park in the area. They charge $350 per month for the long-term guests which is a very good rate. There is a park here that charges $780 per month! Supposedly they get good reception of OTA television stations, but now days most people have satellite in their units so cable makes no difference.

I spent 3 1/2 months there last year and am going there tomorrow for the next 8 months. Looking forwad to meeting more RV'rs this year. Trip on!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
#1 of 3 in Shady Cove
The Cabins at Mazama Village
The Cabins at Mazama Village
#2 of 2 in Crater Lake National Park

Been to Medford Oaks RV Park? Share your experiences!