“It's not just wine. It's a wonderful experience”

Lange Estate Winery & Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Thirty years ago, Don & Wendy Lange founded their winery in the Dundee Hills of Oregon’s northern Willamette Valley. The year 1987 marked the Lange’s first vintage and consisted of the three varietals they embrace today: Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay. Lange Estate is a destination winery located in the heart of the Dundee Hills that remains family-owned and operated by Don, Wendy and second-generation Jesse Lange. Enjoy finely crafted wines while enjoying the sweeping views of the Willamette and Chehalem Valleys with Mount Hood in the distance. Choose your own wine tasting adventure with a variety of estate tastings, private seated tastings or tours & tastings. Certain experiences do require advance notice. All parties of eight or more people should call ahead to Lange Estate's Tasting Room.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

These wines are absolutely amazing! The winery itself has won many awards (they don't like to brag but they should at least let people know about their accolades) and it is pretty obvious why. They treated us with class while we were touring Oregon winery's and in my opinion the quality across the board was unmatched. My 5 stars is for the wine alone but the winery and views are on a different level too. Like other reviewers have said you can just enjoy enjoy life with a glass of their Pinot over looking spectacular views. My only tip is make sure you sign up for the wine club because you can save of money with all the wine you will buy.

All reviews
"varietals"
"california"
"deck"

Reviewed February 27, 2012

To start off I just wanted to say that the wine here is really good and the location of the tasting room is awesome. Great views of the valley and the staff is really nice. The only drawback is the price, but you will definately pay for good wine no matter where you go. With that said I would definately recommend this as a stop on the anybodys wine tasting tour of the willamette valley.

1  Thank LUCKY0001
Reviewed January 25, 2012

What a view, Had a very nice time tasting here. It was a bit of a drive down a long road, but well worth the trip. Once you get there, grab a glass and walk out to the porch. Its breathtaking. The tasting room is full of fun things to look at. Try the Pinot nior.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Enjoy a retreat on the hilltop while tasting some of the best of Dundee.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We sort of had a rule about never joining wine clubs; then, on one particularly wonderful trip, we ended up joining 4!! Lange was at the top of the list...we love the wines...and, we love the fact that Shani remembers us (at least our faces) and Joanne is a dream (she reminds me of a TV or movie star; but, I still can't figure out which one!!).

Lange is one of the 1st wineries I visited when I moved to OR in late '90's. I bought a lavender baseball cap there that I still treasure...it says: "dry wine...dry humour" I don't think it's available any more.

Anyway, really, really tasty wines and a killer view of the valley and Mt. Hood from the relaxing patio. Can't wait to return!!