“Great dinner”

Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went wtih a party of 10 people. Dinner was a casual pace and we had the table for the evening. We got to try a majority of things on the menu. Asparagus soup was very good to start. Meat dishes, Lamb shank, short ribs were fantastic. Pasta dishes, wild mushroom pasta with 7 types of wild mushrooms in a red wine reduction sauce was very good. We had a big group and service was good and we spent 2 hours there. No rush and gave plenty of time for enjoying the evening.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A30 minute drive from my house, and always worth the drive. I don't know what it is about their steak, but I've never had better. Salads are crisp and cold and perfectly dressed, the mushrooms with the steak were perfect. Wonderful place for a birthday dinner.

1  Thank jdearmond
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the host of our Dundee Hills area B&B, and we are most pleased that we took their advice for dinner. The restaurant is located in a large house, possibly from the 30's or 40's, and has a wonderful ambience with fancy period decor. The menu offerings were very pleasing and delicious! And guests are invited to peruse an actual book from which to select a choice of wine. The service was prompt and the meals was well timed, as would be expected in a fine dining restaurant. We enjoyed the restaurant very much, and we will return the next time we are in the area. Solid recommendation here.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband, some good friends, and I dined at Red Hills March 9. The setting is a lovely old house with a fireplace and lace curtains. We all started with the soup du jour which was a sweet onion and gruyere puree. It was smooth as silk and incredibly flavorful. I was the only one at the table who did not order salmon as an entree. My dinner companions raved about the flavor, and the presentation was beautiful. I had pasta with wild mushrooms, and it was some of the best I had ever tasted. Dessert was a great adventure: 5 chocolate ice cream, chocolate torte, and white chocolate creme brulee were our choices. All were fabulous. This restaurant puts out truly orgasmic food. The service is polite and efficient. Fantastic place to dine.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you are expecting stainless steel and a bunch of chef wannabees yelling "Yes Chef!" then head over to Vegas but if you enjoy top quality food in perfect quantities dine here.

Nancy looked after us and guided us through the evenings choices including a great recommendation of a local wine.

We enjoyed a delicious shortrib dish as well as the divine chicken "puttanesca" which really impressed me.

Mains were reasonably priced at $25-$30 including a starter salad.

Can't wait to return