“Fueled by fine wine 2014”
Review of Dundee Bistro

Dundee Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dundee Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Great food,reasonably priced with good service. Margarita pizza was is an excellent choice. Professional waiters with good recomendations.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We shared a spinach salad and a gourmet pizza. They have outside seating with umbrellas, but the view is a parking lot. It was very good, but I had higher hopes.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Dundee Bistro was recommended by an acquaintance who owns a winery in the area, so I never second-guessed her suggestion and the menu looked promising (though we found it odd that Dundee Bistro does not carry any of their wines). We sat on the patio for an early Friday night dinner; probably 2/3 of the outdoor seating was occupied. There were plenty of dishes that we were interested and had trouble paring down our selections between the daily specials and the menu. We placed our order and enjoyed a German Riesling that was also on special, indicating to our server that we'd "start" with that, then move along to reds with our main course. So much for that -- our server never returned for us to order that 2nd glass of wine, or for us to add the tomato salad special that they had that day. And it wasn't just us -- the couple that was seated at the table behind us was also left for dead -- no beverage order for the first 25 minutes that they sat there, which is just unacceptable. The General Manager was so full of himself and trying to impress the table of 4 next to us, that he never blinked at another table. With the exception of the busser who was great, bringing water and clearing dishes appropriately, this was a massive service fail for Dundee Bistro.

2  Thank twenty49ers
Reviewed July 5, 2014

On our way to Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City, Oregon, we stopped in Dundee for a small nosh. We knew we wanted to walk the beach after checking into the Inn so just wanted a small bite around 2pm.

Dundee Bistro is in a small strip of shops on the main road in Dundee. Although the weather was gorgeous, we were debating whether to be seated immediately on the patio or wait for an inside table. The reason we weren't sure about the outdoor seating is because the patio overlooks the parking lot. We were anxious to get to the beach so chose the outdoor seats.

We are so glad we sat outside. What a surprising view! We could hardly see the cars in the lot. Instead, the view is of bushes and a gorgeous Dundee hillside. It was so pleasant on the patio. We found out this patio is heated and open through harvest season so don't hesitate to sit here even if the weather is a little cooler than the day we went.

Service was quick and solicitous. We had water and bread immediately. The wine list is extensive as is appropriate in Wine Country, Oregon. I had a salad with house dressing, grapes and cracked pepper. My husband ordered flat bread with hummus, cucumbers, pickled peppers and curried prawns. He gave me the prawns to add to my salad. The food was delicious!

If I was staying locally, I definitely would have sampled the wine list. Because we were driving to Lincoln City, we were quickly on our way. The Dapper Frog, a gallery I have frequented in Portland has a small store next to the Bistro. Walk off your meal by going in and looking at the beautiful handcrafted items including glass work.

With the unexpected view, wine list, great food and service, I'll be back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Dundee Bistro has a very pleasant ambiance, both indoors and out. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Dundee so our party of five elected for the patio. Nice space, nice outdoor furniture, nice outdoor umbrellas for the right amount of shade.

I had the butter lettuce salad and it was excellent. The vinaigrette dressing was light and slightly citrusy and the butter lettuce was very fresh. My wife and I shared a funghi pizza that was crisp around the edges, chewy in the middle and had a terrific sauce with fresh mushrooms and arugula. I like a small amount of arugula, and the pizza had a fair amount on it. The heat of the pizza somewhat 'wilted' the arugula and it was delicious, a nice surprise for me. The others in our group had the turkey sandwich (deemed very good), margherita pizza (excellent---we traded a piece of funghi for a slice). The turkey sandwich came with a side of the truffle fries which the owner shared with everyone. Get some! Thin cut and served with homemade mayo/aioli; I had to restrain myself from ordering a separate side.

Service was a little slow; we cut them some slack because the large patio was packed and very busy. Overall, pretty good, though.

If you are in Dundee and needing a respite from wine-tasting or some other exhausting activity, this is the place to victual up and recharge.