“Wonderful Escape”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Diamond Lake
Diamond Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Diamond Lake
Brookings, Oregon, United States
“Wonderful Escape”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I love this place so much. Well kept, wonderful cabins, excellent staff!! We have been going to the resort several times a year for about 6 years or more and have always been treated with much respect and kindness. Diamond Lake has become our home away from home and the staff makes us feel like family. You can't ask for anything better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My first visit to Oregon was to this beautiful resort. I found the grounds to be well kept the staff sensational. They went out of my way to make me feel at home. They gave me many ideas for things to do with my family. The food was excellent I enjoyed eating at the cafe and a couple times at the pizza place. I found Rose to be more than accomidating and welcoming. She even contacted me after I left to let me know the housekeepers found my earphones for my iphone and asked if I wanted her to mail it to me. I told her no worries if someone there wanted them to please let them have it or just to toss them out. I cannot stop thinking about my visit and cannot wait until I go again. Thanks Everyone for making my stay so great!!! See ya next year..

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A very recent family vacation sent us to Diamond Lake Resort. As far as the premises and beauty are concerned, we have no complaints there. No, our qualms are with Diamond Lake's staff and managements honesty, integrity, and initiative.

You see, while we were at Diamond Lake Resort, my sister had her wedding rings stolen by housekeepers, 30 minutes after she had left her room, on 3/15/13. The employee that cleaned the room was identified, and the staff, as well as the State Trooper who reported to the scene, knew that the woman who stole the rings had a history with this kind of behavior, yet they still thought it was a good idea to employ her, and have not even entertained the idea of reimbursing my sister for the stolen items.

She is a very busy mother of two boys that are under the age of 6, and she made a very human error by waiting 30 minutes too long to notice her rings weren't on her finger. Diamond Lake is not taking this very harmful violation against a patron seriously, and that is the reason for the one star rating.

Safety is a huge priority when choosing a resort to stay in with friends, family, and especially young children. If violations like theft are not being handled as the major issue that they are, then I urge you to imagine what other kinds of situations they may deem unnecessary to pursue. Diamond Lake should be avoided, if not because of their repeatedly poor hiring choices and keeping on of employees with poor track records, then because of lack of honesty, integrity, and initiative in helping to return or reimburse for the stolen rings.

3 Thank ajhignell
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just returned from Senior Ski Week at Diamond Lake Resort. The program runs in early February every year (and has for the last 25 years). The program managers plan ski tours for varying levels of ability every day. They are helped by excellent volunteer tour leaders/instructors. This is a well kept secret among some hiking clubs and ski clubs in Oregon. Really cannot say enough good things about this program. The snow was fantastic this year.

Rental snow shoes and ski equipment are available through the program.

A group of us from Salem took Amtrak with our skis, snowshoes and got off at the Chemult station. The Diamond Lake Lodge had vans waiting for us and took us to the lodge. It doesn't get more convenient than that.

Diamond Lake Resort started as a fishing lodge in the early 20's. People were ice fishing on the frozen lake while I was there. The lodge has a tremendous fireplace with a nice fire always burning. The cafe served me a tasty lunch one day. I rented a suite for my stay so had a small kitchen and could prepare my own breakfasts and lunches. There is a wide variety of lodging available from single motel rooms and modest small cabins to a beautiful, new home on the lake accommodating 20 people.

Dinner is provided in the fee for the Senior Ski Week and it is very good including options for vegetarians. Also included are evening programs. This year they featured wild life photography, a classical flutist and music by a local musicians who really knew how to connect with their audience. Senior skiers do check out this resort and program!

Room Tip: There are view two bedroom cabins overlooking the lake with a view of Mt Bailey. I opted for a very...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank May015
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We took advantage of the on-line stay & snowmobile package. The Motel room was warm, clean,large & quiet. Plenty of snow to snowshoe. We even Snowshoed on the frozen lake to visit the ice fisherman. Warmed up near the huge fireplace which was always burning in the lodge/restaurant. For dinner I had homemade chicken pot pie, hot & flavorful. The jalapeño cheddar burger was good and hearty. Beer on tap, as well as a full bar. For breakfast the loaded hash browns were a great start before snowmobiling up to crater lake. Which I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilsonville, Oregon, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Diamond Lake Lodge is an older double floor "motel room" feel. The rooms are clean but no real views of the lake. There are two restaurants and the food is very satisfactory. I'd go back for sure. The lodge is only a few miles from Crator Lake. Good value.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are alike as far I could tell. There are also cabins to rent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rbaird_12
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I used to live there in the 80's and 90' s my stepdad used to own the charter boat there known as shaffers charter fishing anyway it us a nice place to get away from it all fish snowmobile etc. Also prices might be a little steep but its worth it and the food is pretty good and the soup too. If you need help there ask for rick rockholt or mari. Thanks

• Stayed April 2012
#2 of 2 in Chemult
Dawson House Lodge
Dawson House Lodge
#1 of 2 in Chemult

Been to Diamond Lake Resort? Share your experiences!