“It's great to hear that the Dexter Lake Club is back!”
Review of Dexter Lake Club

Dexter Lake Club
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Dexter
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dexter Lake Club first opened its doors in 1949. It established itself and as a popular cafe, bar and live music venue over the next decades. The large, bright neon sign that sits atop the high roof line is an iconic symbol along highway 58. In fact, the “roadhouse” persona of the Dexter Lake Club is so present, that it was used for filming in scenes of the popular movie Animal House in 1977. Weekly you'll find dedicated Animal House movie fans seeking out this famous landmark to take pictures and remember the movie.The atmosphere is warm and inviting throughout and the staff is friendly and attentive. The cooks prepare hearty meals made from scratch. We have excellent live music at least four nights a week. Visit our events page on our website for details.Come visit us, we'll be your new favorite place!
Soldotna, Alaska
“It's great to hear that the Dexter Lake Club is back!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first visit to the DLC was in the 70'S and then again in the 80'S, 90'S. I stopped by,I believe in 2006 and it was closed. I couldn't believe it! The food has alway's been great and the memories, more precious now than ever before. I live in Soldotna, Alaska and I plan to visit the club one more time in December. Thank you, for who ever took over the business and apparently has made it a success. If the walls could talk in this club the stories would be a best seller!

Visited September 2012

Springfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly people and great live band!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

What a great live band, you guys rock! The food is awesome (love the sweet potato fries) with generous proportions and the staff is very friendly. Can't beat a place that treats you like family. You guys have done a great job renovating the place.

1 Thank SpringfieldKMyers
Eugene, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I was concerned about a long drive from W. Eugene,,,,,,Well Worth It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

A pleasant bartender, hot barmaids GREAT MUSIC, a nice place to go, even when it"s raining buckets. Mens room needs a urinal, I"m sure it"s on their list.

2 Thank ZaneHeifner
Springfield, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Otis sent us”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Last Sunday we decided we needed to make a "roadtrip" and headed to DLC for an early afternoon lunch. The bloody mary compared to none we'd ever had: spiced just right and in a tall glass so we definately felt we got our moneys worth. We had to order the sweet potato fries since neither of us had ever had them before - and, of course, you can't have fries without a burger. The cheeseburger was so big it was served with a steak knife stuck though it to keep it from falling apart - we had to squish it down so it would fit in our mouth. I can't even find the words to describe how delicious it was (especially the sweet, red onions) and I know we'll be enjoying more DLC cheeseburgers in the future. What a fun little place for lunch, and we're looking forward to making it out one evening to enjoy a jam session. Thank you for your hospitality and keep up the good work !

1 Thank Diane C
Springfield, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Warm and friendly atmosphere with the best live music in the state”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Enjoyed the food, the view of the lake, and the waitress who took time to talk with us even though the place was full. After dinner went into the bar for cold drinks and super great live music, my husband and I want to come back every weekend and bring friends...kudos to the Stewarts keep up the good hard work.

2 Thank Yvonne M