Breitenbush Hot Springs
$73
$70
$114
Hotels.com
Silverton Inn and Suites(Silverton)(Great Value!)
$125
$100
Orbitz.com
Sweet Home Inn(Sweet Home)
$94
$84
$114
$104
BestWestern.com
$62
$67
All reviewsprivate retreatpersonal retreatbusy worldthe rivergeothermal heattubspoolssaunarelaxationsoaksrobepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2014

First trip to Breitenbush, traveled with my 26 year old daughter. Rented a basic cabin with no toilet, and rented our bedding also. Actually had no idea what I was getting myself into before arriving, just decided to relax & enjoy some new things in my life. Loved the fact that the place is off the grid by supplying their on electrical from a Hydroelectric plant and heat from Geothermal energy. Being a non-vegetarian was no problem at all; the food was outstanding for all three buffet style meals daily. Activities included, hot springs, sauna, yoga, massages, music, hiking, the Inipi Ceremony was wonderful and done in a very respectful manner by the water pourer and the firekeeper.
If you’re looking for a resort to pamper your every wish, this is not the place for you. Any issues with nudity need to be worked out before you decide to make the trip, my daughter and I had no problems, we just told each other which set of pools we were going to so the other did not wander into a weird situation.
Having no access to cell phones or the internet was a blessing I did not know I needed so bad, “Thank you Breitenbush”.
Cannot say I understand/agree with the co-op, community lifestyle that Breitenbush has established. I just told myself I was here to relax & enjoy, not sit around and discuss my understanding of a community versus someone else’s understanding of community.
Overall my experience was one of outstanding relaxing peaceful time surrounded by the most beautiful country in all of America, except back home in Texas.
Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I choose cabins fartherest away from lodge, that way no one walks by your cabin on their way to wherever.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Rickyellis
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This place has no internet, no phones, no TV, and very old school. Bring a good book, or find one in the library. Soak in several hot tubs or a take a sauna. The food is amazing, organic and vegetarian. There are miles of hiking trails, monthly sweat lodge, daily yoga classes and so much more. Bring your own bedding, towels and coffee and just relax. It's the most amazing thing you can do for yourself.

Room Tip: The rooms are geothermal cabins and very basic. Get a room with a toilet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank captbecway
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Unfortunately we only had a day to spend at Breitenbush, but really enjoyed our time there. When we first arrived we were told that the day's entrance fee was "from $15 - $30" depending on what we thought we should pay! Being on pensions we decided on $25 per person. Thereon after we were free to explore the whole site, We spent a good deal of time in the different hot springs and the cold water plunge pool. Everyone we met was very friendly and some time was spent sitting in a hot spring with a Washington resident planning the next part of our NWP motoring trip. One thing to point out is that clothing is optional in the hot springs so if you find nudity off-putting, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

The only disappointment during our day was the evening meal. Although the food was plentiful and undoubtedly nourishing we both found it all somewhat bland. Other than that we had a great day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Located on the perfect site, Breitenbush Hot Springs has exactly the ambiance needed to make you feel relaxed. The cottages are comfortable and the staff friendly. The various outbuildings, vegetarian dining and hot springs make this an annually satisfying destination.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank djwgilroy
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here on tr recommendation of a bike shop in Bend. It's off the beaten path and worth it. There are multiple hot springs to enjoy. The highlight is a sauna built over a 190 degree spring; it has a cold water tub outside and a cold water hose inside. We just had a day pass but the lodge and tents looked nice. Clothing is optional.

• Stayed: August 2013