My Mom hadn't been back to the Oregon Coast for over 15 years, so we headed off on a 12 day trip. Our first 5 nights were at the Surfrider Resort and we were very pleased with the easy check-in and the cleanliness and comfort of our two queen- bedded room. It had everything we needed: microwave, fridge, and full-size coffeemaker, gas fireplace, really comfortable beds, and a great view from the deck. Our stay would have been perfect if there were rooms with two beds on the second floor. Four out of five nights we had neighbors upstairs and had to listen to footsteps, furniture sliding around, and running water in sinks and toilets. Also, it was odd that the lovely deck had chairs, but absolutely no small table to put drinks or snacks while enjoying the view. The view from inside the room (when it is raining and cold) would be greatly improved with higher chairs and table, as the window configuration is such that currently at eye level the view is blocked by wood. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean and we had a couple of excellent meals at their restaurant. The soups especially were very good. We enjoyed the small beach at the property, but would recommend Beverly Beach for long walks, great rock hunting, and nice restrooms. I look forward to returning to the Surfrider, but only when an upstairs room is available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" famous for whale watching or reserve a trip for deep sea fishing. Visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, Ripley's Believe it or Not and the wax Museum. We are within a few miles of golfing, kayaking and waterfall hiking trails. There is no need to leave the Surfrider at all to simply watch the resident pod of whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean from the comfort of your room or the restaurant and bar. The beach access takes you down to search for agates, make a beach fire and watch the waves crash into the unique rocky outcropping. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 80 people and full catering available for weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Groupon, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay