“Fabulous ocean setting, reasonable!”

Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Depoe Bay
Reviewed July 16, 2006

We spent one night mid-week here after reviewing other's comments. Absolutely there is no better view or value on the entire Oregon coast. Quiet, 2 story, clifftop setting with nice yard in front. Easy hike down to beach (not as easy back up!) to a phenomenal wave-beaten cove. Tide-pools to explore at low tide. The restaurant served ample portions of fresh seafood, extremely reasonable by any standards. The seafood omelette at $10.95 was a feast - more seafood than a lot of dinners would offer you buried in a light cheddar cheese-egg dish. Accompanied with pancakes it could easily be a breakfast for two. Week night dinner special was a great seafood value also - around $12.95. We have stayed and dined in much fancier settings around the world, but with one night (AAA rate) fireplace king room, dinner and breakfast for 2 weighing in at $180 total, you can't ask for much more. Only caveat I would offer is that the rooms are not air-conditioned, which generally is not a problem on the Oregon coast. We happened to arrive on a very warm day and the curtains had not been kept closed - took a while for the fan provided in the room to cool things down. Nice indoor pool was clean and well-equipped if not olympic sized. Close proximity to both Depoe-Bay and Lincoln City without the traffic to deal with. Private setting next to a State Park. The staff was friendly and efficent. We will definitely return.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 10, 2006

The Surfrider is outstanding. We spent 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The room was very large with a fireplace and an effeciency kitchen. We had a hugh window with the most awesome view of the ocean. We also had a balcony. The food was incredible. The prices are very resonable and you get plenty. The sunset from our table was georgous. We will definitely go back. This place should not be missed. If you like great food and the best view of the ocean then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank mlymd
Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2006

This hotel is a great value and it is conveniently located between Lincoln City and Depoe Bay. The rooms are comfy and clean and the view is absoloutely breathtaking. You really can fall asleep to the sound of the waves. Balconies are a great place for a morning cup of coffee. Great place for a romantic weekend getaway. You won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

My partner and I visited the resort the weekend before valentines day. The check in was quick and simple, the room we stayed in was marvolus and the pool area was the best relaxing time we've had in a while. Later that night my partner and I decided to eat at the restaurant, just let me say that the food was the best we have had in years. The Chef herself was so kind to come to our table and introduce herself. That was an experience I will never forget. Thank you for the excellent room, service and of course the 5 star chef you have there. We will for sure be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank Boomer1632
Reviewed February 8, 2006

This was my second stay at the Surfrider. In October 2005, my mother and I stayed here because she loved it so much that she wanted to introduce me to the Surfrider experience. After that, I just had to share this experience with my husband. We returned to the Surfrider in January 2006 and had a wonderful experience. Now my husband loves the Surfrider, too. The views from the room and the restaurant are spectacular. The kitchenette was stocked with dishes and utensils. The gas fireplace was warm and cozy. Room was clean. Beds were comfy. Nice secluded beach. Staff was friendly. Restaurant food and service were excellent. Sunset views from the panoramic windows in the restaurant are amazing! It doesn't get much better than this at the Oregon Coast. Only complaint - the spa was closed both times that I stayed there. Fix the spa and the Surfrider will be nearly perfect!

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank PatfromKeizer
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed February 8, 2006

Breathtaking view, outstanding customer service, Exceptionally clean, incredible food!
We don't want to stay anywhere else! The prices are affordable, people are pleasant and everything is right there for a well relaxed, vacation.
Im sure you will enjoy your stay at Surfrider too!!

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2005

Stayed here for 2 nights, check in was fast and efficent, the room was totally upgraded, and looked brand new. What a wonderful stay, with a gorgeous view of the ocean from up above the rocks. Restaurant has excellent food, the prime rib was just awesome. The pool complex is very nice, and I spent a lot of time there. The best stay I've ever had at any motel, at any time, and I've been around awhile! I'm looking forward to going back this coming January. The heater isn't noisy either, and keeps it nice and toasty. Nice big screen TV. The staff was very friendly. What more can I say? You can't go wrong at this great place.

• Stayed: November 2005
#1 of 2 in Otter Rock
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn
#9 of 35 in Lincoln City

Been to Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort? Share your experiences!