We spent one night mid-week here after reviewing other's comments. Absolutely there is no better view or value on the entire Oregon coast. Quiet, 2 story, clifftop setting with nice yard in front. Easy hike down to beach (not as easy back up!) to a phenomenal wave-beaten cove. Tide-pools to explore at low tide. The restaurant served ample portions of fresh seafood, extremely reasonable by any standards. The seafood omelette at $10.95 was a feast - more seafood than a lot of dinners would offer you buried in a light cheddar cheese-egg dish. Accompanied with pancakes it could easily be a breakfast for two. Week night dinner special was a great seafood value also - around $12.95. We have stayed and dined in much fancier settings around the world, but with one night (AAA rate) fireplace king room, dinner and breakfast for 2 weighing in at $180 total, you can't ask for much more. Only caveat I would offer is that the rooms are not air-conditioned, which generally is not a problem on the Oregon coast. We happened to arrive on a very warm day and the curtains had not been kept closed - took a while for the fan provided in the room to cool things down. Nice indoor pool was clean and well-equipped if not olympic sized. Close proximity to both Depoe-Bay and Lincoln City without the traffic to deal with. Private setting next to a State Park. The staff was friendly and efficent. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" famous for whale watching or reserve a trip for deep sea fishing. Visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, Ripley's Believe it or Not and the wax Museum. We are within a few miles of golfing, kayaking and waterfall hiking trails. There is no need to leave the Surfrider at all to simply watch the resident pod of whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean from the comfort of your room or the restaurant and bar. The beach access takes you down to search for agates, make a beach fire and watch the waves crash into the unique rocky outcropping. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 80 people and full catering available for weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay