“Best Anniversary Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Depoe Bay
An Ocean Paradise Whales Rendezvous
Ranked #4 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Whales Rendezvous is our favorite way to celebrate our anniversary! It offers everything we could ask for. The location is RIGHT on the Oregon coast where whale watching can be done from the room, private garden, deck, or patio. We stayed in the Ocean Bouquet room, which is so cozy and offers all the comforts of home. Joe and Dian daily restock the refrigerator with sodas and water, S'mores ingredients, goodies, teas, etc--all included with the room! Joe & Dian prepare the best breakfast one can ever hope for (with enough left overs for lunch!). Hospitality is their specialty, and checking out seems like leaving home--knowing you WILL return. We travel often, but have never found a place where we can relax as well as we can at Whales Rendezvous. Joe and Dian know how to pamper their guests. We already plan on returning! A MUST FOR COUPLES!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, 7/7 and 7/8 and really enjoyed our stay. It was the only place on our cross country journey where we stayed multiple nights. Joe and Dian have really gone to great lengths to ensure that their guests feel welcome and entertained at their home. From the fire pit overlooking the ocean in our suite, to the assortment of games, the mini-fridge, and of course the fabulous breakfasts each morning.

The breakfasts each morning were top notch and BIG. I struggled to finish my breakfast each day, and I'm not a light eater.

The location is great, as it's in the sleepy town of Depoe Bay, a short drive north from Newport and a short drive south from Lincoln City...two areas with plenty to do. They are also right next to a restaurant that I would recommend as well. Dian even made reservations for us two weeks before we arrived...requesting a special window seat at the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

What a private and amazing retreat that Dian and Joe have completed, they enjoy sharing their paradise with others and their love shines through in the details. I have not stayed at many b&b's because I like my privacy my husband and I frequent boutique hotels. But on this trip with my Mom, we decide to try a couple of b&bs. Joe and Dian have created a private oasis for their guests that offer complete privacy, beauty, magnificent ocean views and little touches that show her thoughtfulness and workmanship that shows Joe's perfectionism. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and accommodate. Mom and I had a beautiful time, only wish we could have stayed longer than 2 nights. I would love to to bring my husband back since it would also offer an abundance of romance with the ocean views, deck with firepit, and little gas stove inside to heat with. Comfortable beds, beatifully done shower(we stayed in the Rose Room) lovely antiques. Thanks you again Joe and Dian, I hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with either room (we viewed the other while we were there). The other room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Whales Rendezvous recently. We came to Oregon to visit my great aunt and needed a few nights to relax after a particularly stressful year. We came to the right place for that! Joe and Dian have gone the extra mile to ensure a restful, peaceful time for their guests. From the moment we arrived and checked in we were drawn to Joe and Diane. They just make you feel at home from the beginning!
When we descended the stairway to our unit, we were blown away! Who would have thought all that is hidden behind a little unassuming storefront on Hwy 101! Incredible! We did go out for a few hours one day but the rest of the time was spent relaxing in front of the firepit on the deck or in the wing back chairs in front of the window! We ordered Thai food from the local restaurant and ate it on the deck the first night. Wonderful! Highly recommend the restaurant! (sorry, don't remember the name)
They have included everything one could ask for down to the s'mores makings. Teas, chocolate, granola bars, coffee, sodas, down to videos and wonderful reading material!
Joe's expert workmanship in restoring this beautiful hide-a-way is amazing as are Dian's decorating skills. We just marveled at the detail in everything. It's so, so beautiful! And pristine! So fresh and clean! Their use of vintage pieces particularly interested me. The fridge and microwave in oak armoire! Sinks set into antique dressers. So fun! A window in the shower wall so you can watch the ocean waves! :)
Joe and Dian became family on our trip and we hope to see them again in the near future!
PS Did I say we saw whales??? :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Agape4u
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were delighted in every aspect! We kept coming back from touring because we found no place that was more fun and beautiful than where we were staying! We had beautiful views of waves, skies, rocks and beach. We got to see the endangered stellar sea lions on the buoy out our window. The whales were in the area every day we were there. The food was excellent. Every beauty and comfort had been attended to. And, we ended up feeling like Joe and Dian are family. This place will indeed ruin you for anyplace else!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with either room! We stayed on in the rose room, but saw both!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Wonderful in every way -- great location, amazing view, warm welcome, outstanding service, scrumptious breakfasts.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for my birthday and had the most amazing time. Just beautiful is all I can say. Breakfast was wonderful. The hosts Joe and Diane are just the nicest people.

• Stayed: December 2011
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay
Channel House
Channel House
#2 of 7 in Depoe Bay

Been to An Ocean Paradise Whales Rendezvous? Share your experiences!