“Excellent accomodations, Spectacular views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Depoe Bay
An Ocean Paradise Whales Rendezvous
Ranked #4 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My Wife & I just returncd from a three day wonderful stay @ Whales Rendezvous. This is is truly an "Ocean Paradise"..spectacular views and fantastic hosts. We definitly will book this place on our next trip to the Oregon Coast.

Dick & Gretchen Green
Redding, Ca.

Room Tip: both suites are excerllent
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Whales Rendezvous is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are quiet and private. The food was wonderful! The view can't be beat!! They make sure you have everything you need to have the perfect stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2011

One of the best if not the best location on the Oregon Coast. It's as close as you can get to the Spouting Horn where the ocean sprays straight up next to Hwy 101. Other incredible wave action, whales and views right on the ocean. Did I say this is my favorite spot on the Pacific ocean anyway and this B&B is the closet thing to it?

Joe and Dian are great people and give you all the privacy you want. Joe should be a chef in a five star resort! The breakfasts are out of this world. First time in my life I have never used ketchup, tabasco or syrup. You have to eat the food. And Dian has made the rooms so personal with flowers and chocolates and many other subtle surprises. The quality of construction is fun, from the shower, custom floors, sinks and even antiques.

Located right in the heart of town, nears shops, great coffee and restaurants for lunch and dinner. Still close enough to Newport and Lincoln City too. My favorite parts were the chairs in front of the windows looking right over the ocean & bay with the crashing waves and the gas fireplace to the side. I could work on my computer, pray or nap.

Listen: Whales rendezvous B&B has to go on your Bucket List...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I were last here in September 2009 so this was a different view of the Oregon coast and weather. We stayed at Whales Rendezvous last time and I'm happy to report that this is still absolutely the best B & B experience we've ever had.
The location is spectacular, the suite is so comfortable and the breakfasts are absolutely the best.
All the special touches that Joe and Dian provide are still there and they are the best and most friendliest hosts you could wish to have.
Dian's enthusiasm is infectuous and Joe has added some things to his breakfast repertoire.
So if you're in Depoe Bay and you want a really relaxing place to stay right on the Ocean, this is the place for you.
The only thing that's changed since our last visit is our ages. Hey Joe, I'll make sure Avril packs lighter cases next time !
Dave & Avril

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We have stayed at many B&B's but this one is just off the chart for charm and privacy! It is not inexpensive, but believe me when I tell you it is worth every dime. Only 2 suites which makes for a delightful and cozy hideaway, especially since you are on the waters edges on solid rock, just feet above the ocean below. Both suites are delightful and we had a hard time picking one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

What a place! The views from the picture windows in the suite looking out over the ocean are absolutely incredible! We saw whales swimming in the cove closer that I have ever seen on a boat . The suite was very clean and the decor was showed a wonderful attention to detail with many nice "extra touches". The hosts, Joe and Diane were some of the most welcoming and accommodating I have ever met and the breakfast that Joe made was great!. I have stayed a number of places on the Oregon Coast and this is by far the nicest! The price is not cheap but you get what you pay for and this place is worth every cent!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Found Whales Rendezvous throughTripAdvisor in 2009 and decided to try it for my partner's 40th in 2010. I am so glad that I did. It was everything I had hoped for plus so much more!

A b-day card personally signed by the hosts with a balloon, flowers, and chocolate awaited us as we entered the room. Their breaksfasts were so good that my partner's frequent comment was: "Oh, wow..." (ask for the Honey Pecan French toast). The view was utterly amazing and the feeling of privacy while sitting on the deck was fabulous! But, the best part of it all were the hosts - Joe and Dian. They are warm, sensitive, caring and most of all you can tell that running this B&B is their passion. It is something you can sense and see in everything, from the details in the room decor to the ingredients in the food.

In the end, my partner had more of an experience than I had hoped for and I would sincerely say that it wasn't just from having fun counting how many items had roses (sea rose suite), but it was from meeting Joe and Dian and seeing their joy and thoughtfulness in serving us.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
#9 of 35 in Lincoln City
Inn at Nye Beach
Inn at Nye Beach
#3 of 24 in Newport

Been to An Ocean Paradise Whales Rendezvous? Share your experiences!