“Under New Management”

Travelodge Depoe Bay
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Depoe Bay
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Crown Pacifiq is a nice clean motel.The prices are moderate and include breakfast.
The view on the second and third floor are great.The first floor is good,but if a motor home or semi parks out front they will block your view. Pay the extra for the second or third floor and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: South end of the building has better views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lovinthebeach515

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had a great stay. The view from the 3rd floor was terrific. The room was clean and the breakfast was a bonus. The management was very friendly and we felt like we were visiting friends. This has got to be the best value in Depoe Bay. We will definately be back. Russ and his wife were very helpful and made us feel very welcome. I don't understand some of the so-so reviews. This is an excellent place to stay and a great value.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor.
6  Thank Barry B
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This motel is right across hwy 101 from the roiling waters of Depoe Bay. We stayed in a room on the 3rd floor that was perfectly roomy and had perfect views. The property is very clean and well cared for. The managers couldnt be any friendlier or more welcoming. The room was very well kept and comfortable. We kept the fan on all night and werent bothered by highway noise at all. A continental breakfast was provided that was perfectly adequate..nothing fancy.
An easy walk to the shops and restaurants of Depoe Bay, we will definitely stay here again.

4  Thank travelJ58569
Reviewed April 16, 2012

When I called to verify my reservation, I made the mistake of telling the motel manager that we got a deal on the room. Russ immediately became agitated with me and was short on the phone. The conversation ended with Russ the manager hanging up the phone on me. My husband called back and received similar treatment. We chose to remain optimistic and hope for the best. Upon arriving at this motel, we were met by an unhappy manager stating that we had not mentioned that my twins children were going to be attending. Explaining that it was a last minute decision for them to come, the manager became more agitated. The manager then proceeded to follow myself and my two children to the hot tub (which is only equipped to fit four people and is kept at room temperature.) He began badgering me telling me that I was ignorant and stupid. I asked that he leave us alone which only made him increase his volume and become more aggressive. He got in my face and started yelling. This continued for some time until I stated that I needed him to back away from me or I would phone the police. He stated go ahead, and that this was his motel and he could do what he wanted. Talk about a true Friday the 13th experience. Needless to say we left the next morning early and canceled our reservations for the following night.
In addition, the beds were hard and the linens were cheap. There were notices posted all over the room as to which towels should be used for what and what was "appropriate behavior" while visiting. I got the feeling I was staying in a youth hostel. There were cigarette ashes all around the hot tub despite the no smoking signs and the surveillance camera aimed at the hot tub. Russ himself spent a lot of time smoking in front of the motel. The hard floors in front of the entry way were cleaned with a product that made them extremely slippery when wet. My excited son took one step inside the room with some rain water on his shoes and his feet went right out from under him. His head slammed against the hard floor. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a relaxing weekend. We were attempting to celebrate a new baby on the way. Luckily we were able to transfer to WAVES of NEWPORT which was an incredible hotel with no issues and great amenities.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Maggie H
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Everything about our stay at the Crown Pacific was great. The room was clean, had everything we needed to make our two night stay comfortable and the view was awesome. Bonnie and Russell were very gracious and made us feel welcome. The only thing I would have changed would have been the breakfast, but it was still enough to get you started in the morning. We will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Depoe Bay!

Room Tip: Definitely request a third floor room for the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TJandJenna
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Rooms were spacious and adequately appointed although it is an older building. Views from the third floor patios were spectacular and the hotel is located close to Depoe Bay restaurants and shops. A reasonable value for the money on the Oregon coast.

2  Thank DBIT
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This room faced 101 with view of ocean. Room was very tight for 2 people, no movearound space. Very clean and easy to get to. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special. Front desk staff quiet friendly and was pretty quiet, but you can hear 101 traffic. Restaurant across the road is very expensive and they charge for splitting a dinner.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room away from office. Really small room, but has balcony
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort
Four Winds Motel
Four Winds Motel
#4 of 4 in Depoe Bay

Been to Travelodge Depoe Bay? Share your experiences!