“Very Gracious Hosts”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Depoe Bay
Umatilla, Oregon
“Very Gracious Hosts”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Motel 6 prices for a Hilton-quality room - beautiful ocean views, gas fireplace, exceptionally clean and well-maintained property - Bonnie & Russell are gracious, helpful and friendly - excellent hosts!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shehulk86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Paid $80 for a room with a pretty awesome view of the pacific ocean. Cheap mattress. Cheap sheets. Cheap bed spread. Cheap pillows. Cheap carpet. Cheap towels. Cheap shower head. Cheap toilet paper. Cheap soap. Cheap decorations. Awesome private balcony. Awesome staff. Clean.

Room Tip: Third floor is $10 more per night but has awesome private balconies.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JustJay2000
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Amazing location! It was located close enough to other areas of the Oregon coastal cities and getting to those were very easy. The view is spectacular and the cost was reasonable. The staff were friendly and accommodating to our needs. I was with someone who had some special needs and the staff made efforts to make sure our stay was safe and unobtrusive to my traveling partner. We had a peaceful, excellent visit and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gary R
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed 2 nights on the first floor on the late July weekend. we arrived very late since our car broke down and had to wait for towing and all sort of chaos.. I called to make sure of late arrival. However, we arrived at almost 2am..and the gentleman was there waiting for us to check in. He was very courteous and I was pleased to have someone waiting for us (with a big smile). The hotel itself is clean and even without air-cond, it was no problem. even though it was on first floor. It was not noisy at all. Unfortunately, we couldn't hear the waves too. Next time we would stay on 3rd floor since our view was 90% blocked by the trees! oh, forgot to mention the woman in the morning was very courteous and super nice too !!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tgytgl
Payette, Idaho
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Upon arrival to this hotel it was nice a little pricey for a small room but was clean.... terrible breakfast selection. on the last night of my stay my 3 year old son got sick and threw up on the sheets and it was 3 am so i didnt call desk or anything but i check out a 5 am and didnt tell them i was about 40 miles out of portland when i got a call telling me they were charging my card another nights rent for the damage from puke.... i argued with the manager until she got pissed and gave phone to her husband who continued to argue with me about this.... i asked to speak to the owner and they laughed at me and told me to get his number myself and cursed at me... i ended up turning around to speak with BBB and chamber of comerse about the way these so called managers treated me.... i asked them what i was suppose to do at 3 in the morning and they said they woulda opened the laundry room for ME to clean the sheets. unacceptable they said the room was a biohazard and had to shut it down and all other bs so i would reccomend not staying here simply because they are inexpirenced on managing and they were hugging and kissing in the managers office in front of the window for all to see unacceptable also...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank aaron086

Travelers are raving about these Depoe Bay hotels

Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Called this evening to try and ask simple check in/check out questions and about rates and got a very rude person. Answered the phone (possibly cell phone) sounding very interrupted, and not in the least bit interested that a possible guest would want to stay there. When I stated the room I wanted, he rudely stated, that price is listed online. I said that I saw the price online, but since advertised, wanted to know the AAA price. However, once I said I wanted the AAA amount, he quoted a much higher rate. How is that possible? I asked several times it he was busy and if they were closed and rudely answered YES...why answer the phone if you are closed and don't want to my business???

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank princsskellbell
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The management couple seemed very nice but said they are new and dealing with limited resources...The sliding glass door has a missing lock hinge, the main room door has a similar issue. With two queen beds you might expect at least two hand towels but there was only one dirty one. One wall seems badly in need of a paint job. The traffic noise is pretty loud

• Stayed June 2011
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort
Inn at Arch Rock
Inn at Arch Rock
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay

Been to Travelodge Depoe Bay? Share your experiences!