“Superb seafood with an unbeatable view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tidal Raves

Tidal Raves
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb seafood with an unbeatable view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The clam chowder was fresh and creamy without being heavy. Honestly the best I've had anywhere, including New Enland. The Cajun grilled rockfish was a perfect balance of flavors. I loved this place.

Boise
“Unbelievable views, fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a classy restaurant with amazing ocean views. We saw whales spouting while eating lunch. The crab cakes were amazing. Highly recommended. Would go back again.

Visited July 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Great place with a beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Sunday afternoon. We did have to wait about 15 minutes, but it was worth the wait. We had a great view of the ocean and did manage to see a whale, which made my day! We started with the Seahawk bread which is quite tasty. I had a bowl of clam chowder that was very good. My husband had a chicken caprese sandwich and salad both of which were very tasty. We also had the drink special of the day, raspberry sangria that was wonderful. So, even if you have to wait for a table it is worth the wait. I believe they do take reservations which at dinner would probably be a good idea.

Visited July 2014
Arizona
“My Favorite Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here often in June 2013 on on two-week stay in Depoe. Returning for a ten-day stay in June 2014, I was most looking forward to return visits. We dined here three times during our ten-day stay and enjoyed each stay. First off, it's a relatively small restaurant, so reservations are highly recommended. We sometimes had a short wait for our reserved table, but that's understandable and acceptable. The views are world class from practically any table, but best, of course, from window tables. About half the tables are on windows. It's a good idea to bring your sunglasses because on a bright day, the restaurant is very bright. Strangely, they have no blinds of any kind to diffuse the bright sunlight. That may bother some.
The food is wonderful and the portions are ample. I recommend sharing (between two) a half order of sea bread - toasted baguette with smoked salmon, cream cheese, havarti, baby shrimp, and onion - delicious. If you share a full order, you will have trouble finishing your main course. We usually each get a cup of chowder - they have several kinds of which I love the clam and my wide likes the smoked salmon. All the entrees are grand. My favorites by far are the Ciappino and the Oven-Broiled Halibut. But do not ignore the specials as they can be wonderful. The have some innovative cocktails. I especially like the Cucumber Gin Gimlet which is made up of cucumber infused gin, lime juice, cucumber juice, elderflower liqueur, and lavender bitters. As a gimlet fan, I was doubtful of the combinations, but it is delicious. The Moscow Mule is also very enjoyable, especially as a summer cooler. The wine list is more than adequate. We usually go with glasses of whatever wine they are featuring at the time. Service is professional and timely. They have desserts, but we never have room.

• Visited June 2014
Aguanga, California
“Whale watching while dinning--WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have eaten at Tidal Raves many times over the years whenever we visit the Oregon coast. We have seen whales on many occasions from our table. But this time the whale was dining inside the breakers and within a small cove and easily viewable. The food is always excellent. This trip I had Razor Clams and they were the best I have ever had in a restaurant.

Gayle had a Seafood Louis. We are going back this coming Thursday for my 69th birthday dinner. We'll definitely have some Razor Clams for an appetizer--Gayle does not normally eat clams--but tasted mine and suggested going back for my birthday.

We are full time RVers and all we do is eat, drink and travel. Gayle's favorite acronym is LEO--"Let's Eat Out" Which we do frequently.

• Visited July 2014