“My Favorite Seafood Restaurant”
Review of Tidal Raves

Tidal Raves
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here often in June 2013 on on two-week stay in Depoe. Returning for a ten-day stay in June 2014, I was most looking forward to return visits. We dined here three times during our ten-day stay and enjoyed each stay. First off, it's a relatively small restaurant, so reservations are highly recommended. We sometimes had a short wait for our reserved table, but that's understandable and acceptable. The views are world class from practically any table, but best, of course, from window tables. About half the tables are on windows. It's a good idea to bring your sunglasses because on a bright day, the restaurant is very bright. Strangely, they have no blinds of any kind to diffuse the bright sunlight. That may bother some.
The food is wonderful and the portions are ample. I recommend sharing (between two) a half order of sea bread - toasted baguette with smoked salmon, cream cheese, havarti, baby shrimp, and onion - delicious. If you share a full order, you will have trouble finishing your main course. We usually each get a cup of chowder - they have several kinds of which I love the clam and my wide likes the smoked salmon. All the entrees are grand. My favorites by far are the Ciappino and the Oven-Broiled Halibut. But do not ignore the specials as they can be wonderful. The have some innovative cocktails. I especially like the Cucumber Gin Gimlet which is made up of cucumber infused gin, lime juice, cucumber juice, elderflower liqueur, and lavender bitters. As a gimlet fan, I was doubtful of the combinations, but it is delicious. The Moscow Mule is also very enjoyable, especially as a summer cooler. The wine list is more than adequate. We usually go with glasses of whatever wine they are featuring at the time. Service is professional and timely. They have desserts, but we never have room.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have eaten at Tidal Raves many times over the years whenever we visit the Oregon coast. We have seen whales on many occasions from our table. But this time the whale was dining inside the breakers and within a small cove and easily viewable. The food is always excellent. This trip I had Razor Clams and they were the best I have ever had in a restaurant.

Gayle had a Seafood Louis. We are going back this coming Thursday for my 69th birthday dinner. We'll definitely have some Razor Clams for an appetizer--Gayle does not normally eat clams--but tasted mine and suggested going back for my birthday.

We are full time RVers and all we do is eat, drink and travel. Gayle's favorite acronym is LEO--"Let's Eat Out" Which we do frequently.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The restaurant is right on the water and has views from every table. The food was very good too. We ate there the 2 nights we were in Depot Bay.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay. We had oysters and razor clams. Both were cooked to perfection. Great service and right on the coast. Enjoyed so much we returned for second visit. ...just as good second time. Reservations hard to get but they keep some tables for walk in customers. Short wait both times. Highly recommend Tidal Raves. BG

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place has great food! I usually order some type of seafood. I've never been disappointed. The wine and bread are also outstanding. If that isn't enough to blow you away, the view will! It has one of the most beautiful ocean views, I've ever experienced while dining. They are always busy, so a reservation is a good idea.