“Love it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Love it!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I ALWAYS order the wonderful razor clams, but went with the crab cakes, last visit. They were soo good! The plate was so full that I couldn't eat it all. Thankfully, we had a refrigerator and I had lunch for the next day. A trip to this area of the coast isn't complete without dinner at Tidal Raves!

• Visited February 2014

Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Lovely Little Place!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Lovely little place with an amazing view of the crashing waves of the Pacific from every seat on the house! The ambience is perfect. The food is excellent. Very popular place so reservations are a good plan especially for dinner. No noisy bar so dining is peaceful with quiet music playing in the background, though they still serve cocktails if you want them. Their smoked salmon chowder is amazing!

Newberg, Oregon
“Yum!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had the salmon chowder, razor clam dinner, and the rib eye. Sooo good - the razor clams were a generous portion and breaded just right. The steak was cooked perfectly. Every table has view of the bay. Very updated atmosphere. Will definitely return.

denver, co
“Dismissive and Rude”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We arrived at 8pm with the hope of enjoying a recommended restaurant. There were several diners. We waited a few minutes and then a male host with a drink in his hand walked by and said "we are closed." He snarled it twice with no other explanation. While i understand that it is the off-season and places close early the truth of any restaurant is in how they deliver a message. This one was pretty clear. Drive on by...

1 Thank Traveler1Denver_Co
Beavercreek, Oregon
“What luck!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Purely by chance I came upon Tidal Raves Seafood Grill, which I'd not previously known about, while taking a scenic drive to and along the Oregon coast from my home near Portland
Tidal Raves' location, at the mouth of Depoe Bay is spectacular -- and it was handy, too, on the blue-sky winter day I discovered this wonderful restaurant. It was nearly 2 p.m. and I hadn't yet eaten lunch.
I pulled into the nearly full parking lot and went inside to find the lobby jammed with prospective diners and that there would be a 45-minute wait. It was that long, but -- hungry as I was -- well worth it.
When at last I was seated at a table, I found myself facing facing floor-to-ceiling picture windows, each framing a dramatic scene of enormous rollers crashing and booming like cannon fire on the rocks and timbered headlands, sea spray flying high into the air and sparkling like diamonds in the sunlight. Pods of gray whales were migrating just off the coast, sounding and breaching as they made their way south, frolicking like gigantic otters along the way.
The spinach-and-oyster bisque with which I began my meal was superb -- so rich and delicious I was tempted to order another cup for desert after my main course: two of the best dungeness crab cakes I've ever tasted.
Like perfect hash-brown potatoes, they were crisply golden-toasted on the outside and hot, firm and moist within. I ordered the starter serving of crab cakes, which were the same number (two) and size -- but less expensive -- than the main. The only other difference was that, instead of pilaf, they came with a side of spicy vegetables, including pickled cabbage, tomato and onion.
Apparently that was intended to be a salsa-like condiment for the crab cakes, but the cakes were so scrumptious without it, I merely squirted a little fresh lemon juice on them and ate the veggies separately. Washed it all down with two big glasses of home-style lemonade, topping off one of the most satisfying meals I've enjoyed in a long time -- all for less than $30, including the glass of cabernet that I'd enjoyed while waiting to be seated.
Fabulous food, spectacular scenery and oh, did I mention the hostess and the wait staff? Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and thoroughly professional.
All in all, The Raves Seafood Grill is a Pacific Northwest treasure!

• Visited January 2014