“Every dish was great”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A special birthday dinner brought us to Tidal Raves while on vacation. We did not have a reservation and had an hour wait. Not bad for me used to San Francisco, Dallas and Portland. Gave us time to walk to harbor and see harbor seals and even a whale spouting in the bay. Host was great and got us a table bay the window at 7:40. (Why does everyone want to eat between 5 & 7 in Oregon?) we watched the storm come in at our ringside table. THE FOOD: started with Seahawk Bread. Piled high with Melted Havarti and shrimp. Could be a meal itself and that was the half order. The house salad dressing was tangy and delicious. I had the fire charbroiled salmon on crab risotto. I do not usually order salmon in restaurants because the hide the great natural flavor. This was perfect. The crab risotto was a great complement very creamy. My wife had special baked salmon which could have stayed in oven another minute but was tasty. The Carmel nut chocolate truffle cake was best desert ever. EVER... Wine was reasonably priced. Would have to pay double to get all this anywhere else. Worth any wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yesterday after checking out of The Whale Cove Inn, we stopped by Tidal Raves for lunch. The views are gorgeous of the water and we were able to view a whale out in the water while dining here. Our service was very slow and we waited over 45 mintues for our order to come out.

My lunch was the Salmon Sandwich which was served with a very fresh green salad and fresh bay shrimp. This is a nice casual place to dine with very pretty views but the slow service kept the experience from receiving 5 stars.

1  Thank syrahgirl
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a birthday celebration with family and we were looking for something special and we got it. Great menu made choice difficult as so many things sounded wonderful. Service was excellent, food was too, not to mention the location and view. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have loved this little gem since I discovered it in 1993! The view is second to none! The food is to die for! The service is like being a special guest in someobne's home. I have (and will continue to) recommend this wonderful restaurant to anyone I can!

1  Thank CS_Police
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food, the comfortable casual atmosphere and the scenery were outstanding. The wait staff were outstanding and personable without sitting down to join us.

1  Thank macy244